Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Replacement

Coolissimo

Hi All, 

I am starting to have some issues with starting the motor, as the Battery fails , so after 5 years I have to replace it, I guess.

My question if someone could help me out is ,what Battery you would advice me to buy? As there are so many options, even the OEM, but on Toyota OEM  Battery the CCA is 680 while the battery I have on my car original is 700cca ( Not to sure). I drive an Avensis Estate D4D 2.2 , 2012 Diesel the speck on the original  battery is 12V, 70AH,  700A EN/SA.

Every answer and help is much appreciated.

Thank You.

Have you tested the Battery?

I don't know what the lower CCA limit for your car is but I don't think you would notice a drop of 20. I don't think you should stray too far off, however. If you have the auto start/stop function, you should get a Battery that is designed for this.

I've personally only had good experiences with Toyota batteries but I put a Varta Silver Battery in my old T22 back in 2012, which I moved over to my current T25. Seems quite solid, and I can run the stereo with the engine off for quite some time. At the end of the day, I guess it all depends on what you use your battery for. If you're just using your car in a normal way, I think any battery approximately matching the original specs would do. If you tax the battery a lot, an AGM battery might be worth the investment.

Remember to buy the correct battery size (short code, I think it's called). <-- That's apparently just a Varta thing, look for the correct measurements.

• Like 1

I had mine replaced last year by Halfords, Yuasa Silver 5yr. 85ah 800a. same size,just! been fine since ( 2.2 T180 spirit )

• Like 1

I would go with Yuasa batteries as well they are very reliable and have a good guarantee.

What i would do is go on the YUASA UK website and put your car details in then see which Battery model number fits your car then go to eBay put your Battery number in and get the lowest price.

Good luck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 12:52 PM, xzirri said:

Have you tested the battery?

I don't know what the lower CCA limit for your car is but I don't think you would notice a drop of 20. I don't think you should stray too far off, however. If you have the auto start/stop function, you should get a battery that is designed for this.

I've personally only had good experiences with Toyota batteries but I put a Varta Silver battery in my old T22 back in 2012, which I moved over to my current T25. Seems quite solid, and I can run the stereo with the engine off for quite some time. At the end of the day, I guess it all depends on what you use your battery for. If you're just using your car in a normal way, I think any battery approximately matching the original specs would do. If you tax the battery a lot, an AGM battery might be worth the investment.

Remember to buy the correct battery size (short code, I think it's called). <-- That's apparently just a Varta thing, look for the correct measurements.

Actually I have not tested yet, have tested  last year , they said was okay, thou seemed the  CCA  was 40 A lower , but they said was okay . On my T27 there is a Varta Battery. I dont use a lot, only music when driving, sat nav. Thanks for the answer

On 10/8/2018 at 2:12 PM, saxo265 said:

I had mine replaced last year by Halfords, Yuasa Silver 5yr. 85ah 800a. same size,just! been fine since ( 2.2 T180 spirit )

thanks for the answer

On 10/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, s80key said:

I would go with Yuasa batteries as well they are very reliable and have a good guarantee.

What i would do is go on the YUASA UK website and put your car details in then see which battery model number fits your car then go to eBay put your battery number in and get the lowest price.

Good luck 

Thanks so much for your suggestion

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, s80key said:

What i would do is go on the YUASA UK website and put your car details in then see which battery model number fits your car then go to eBay put your battery number in and get the lowest price.

Good luck 

I did get the Yuasa , very pleased with it. Thank you

• Like 1