Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris annoying noise between 30-55 mph

Kuba92

Hello everyone,

I've got Auris 2009 1.6 Valvematis S-A, since couple months there is a constant strange noise coming from the front of the car, only when driving between 30-55mph. Its not a gearbox I reckon, cuz it stays same when im switching to lower or higher gear. Other thing is it only appears when im accelerating slowly (quiet when gas pedal is not pressed).

Sounds like frictions, rather low sound than high.

Drove over 5k miles and it stays same, nothing over 55mph.

Did anyone have same problem? Car is working fine its just that annoying sound.

Thanks.

Could you provide an audio clip?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, driver10 said:

Could you provide an audio clip?

Tried but its hard to record when driving as its not super loud. When raving on stand nothing happens.

Does it makes this sound: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Its more like buzzing or humming, hard to find a good example without hearing it:(

8 minutes ago, Byzii said:

Could it be a wheel bearing?

Is it possible that wheel bearing making that kind of noise only on slow speed?

Haven't heard the noise you're hearing but wheel bearings can fail in lots of different ways. It's also quite common for them to make noise at a certain range, and not make noise above or below that.

Recently had a shot bearing and it only made noise above 40kmh, but below 40 it made a slight screeching sound, as if a stuck piece of trash was dragging under the car.

If you're not experienced in bearings then it might be worthwhile to bring it to a professional, for me it took a couple of minutes and as soon as the guy turned the wheel he could say which bearing is shot. There was no play in the wheel so it all came down to sound and feel.

Okay, will get them check that:)

Found out it sounds simmilar to sound as engine making on first gear (if it makes any sense)

If you press the clutch while driving  does the sound disappear? 

Could be just some wind noise, i had new areial put in, made awful lot of noise in that speed range.

• 1 month later...

Hi, does anyone know where is exact location of clutch actuator in my car? Either clutch or actuator seems to be a problem. Error P0900 shows up, car won't change gears, stays at blinking Neutral (N)

Here's a helpfull link, has some diagrams, instructions etc

http://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/auris_corolla_zze-zr-nde-ade/rm04f0e/index2.html

And for your P0900 code, use http://www.autocats.ws/manual/toyota/auris_corolla_zze-zr-nde-ade/rm04f0e/repair2/html/frame_rm0000017yh00cx.html

Could be just some loose wires, or 1 wire rubbed out and is shorting on the engine. Good place to start would be to check if there is incoming power to the actuator when trying to shift gears, should be able to check with multimeter.

image.png.133018bf696e731eda2c539bc9ff0e4e.png