Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any body tried H11 LED bulbs for avensis T27

s80key

Hello fellow toyota owners.

Wanted to ask has anyone tried fitting H11 LED bulbs to the avensis T27 .I wonder how hard would it be and what the results would be .

Iv linked a eBay link the bulbs that iv seen.Have used this brand in the past and is good value for money and reliable and has th CE and RoHs mark on bulb.

Thanks 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nighteye-9005-9006-H4-H7-H11-Car-LED-Headlight-Kit-Bulbs-8000LM-Super-Bright/123282978932?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151005190540%26meid%3D34f8faf12b594ddfb20456bca7e7f941%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D123282978932&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

Recent MOT changes include that if the headlight light source and lamp are not compatible it would fail the MOT. So a headlight designed for halogen bulbs may fail the MOT if tested with non-halogen bulbs fitted.

One member from the Auris club found the Nighteyes didn't fit/wouldn't work - the Auris uses H11's. See 

Moved to the Avensis club.

• Like 1

I must good low light vision, because my car has standard halogen bulbs and I get by driving in the unlit Kent/Sussex roads and motorways. My beef is with badly adjusted lights and aftermarket systems. That's why there are regulations in place. It would be disappointing to order one of these kits to find they don't fit or work. What about the Osram  Night breaker.   

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, Konrad C said:

.. What about the Osram  Night breaker.   

I bought Night breakers last December and one of them broke already over a month ago...

Light output was better of course but too short life time. I knew that they won´t last as long as regular H11s, but  only three months!

I am going to try Autoline H11 led bulbs next autumn. These bulbs are longer (from behind), so the head light seal plug has to be deeper... My friend has a 3D- printer and he promised to print those for me. I am creating 3D model of the cap now. 

1 hour ago, avetoy said:

I bought Night breakers last December and one of them broke already over a month ago...

Depends which version Nightbreaker you bought. The first generation Nightbreaker Laser (+150%) had a particularly short life, now replaced with the second generation, which is supposed to have half the life of standard halogen bulbs.

• 1 month later...

I have tried a few different LED bulbs on my 2013 t27.. All were better than the standard halogen bulb.. but My advice is to NOT buy Led bulbs that is made for a reflector.. They will simply not work good in a projector housing, and you will have dark spots in the sides of the road and on the road aswell.. since the bulbs are going to be fitted in a projector, you will not have to worry about the beam pattern, so go with what fits best and give the highest light output.

Out of the ones iv’e tried i will rank them like this.

1. LEDSON Projector Led bulb By diodhuset.se.. Light output like original 35w xenon, but the bulb is long with a big fan and the original rear seal/lid do not fit with bulb installed.

2. NovSight 30w 10000lm (claimed). Not quite the same light output as ledson leds, However not far off. Theese do come in a much sleeker design (red alloy body). Also equipped with a cooling fan, though much shorter/wider than the ledson bulbs, so original seal/lid actually fit over theese bulbs.

3. Auxbeam. (8000lm/pair claimed) Standard led bulb that all chinese brands seem to have under a different name. Long body/big fan, original lids do not fit over. Quite ok light output though.

4. IPF H11 Led. Really high quality from a big expensive brand.. Though they do not work very well in a projector.. BUT, since they are made for use in a reflector, they work very well for high-beam or fog lights.

Thanks for the list Jens! Makes it easier for the rest of us to choose led bulbs

By the way, I have done 3D- drawing of deeper sealing cap. It is not much deeper than original but depth measurement can be changed easily. The drawing is available if someone is interested... 

Avecap.123dx

A lot of these Chinese-made LED units are junk. They rely on a cheap plain-bearing fan for cooling, which you just know is going to fail before too long. I would stick with a good quality halogen bulb.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:34 PM, mrfixer said:

A lot of these Chinese-made LED units are junk. They rely on a cheap plain-bearing fan for cooling, which you just know is going to fail before too long. I would stick with a good quality halogen bulb.

There is no such thing as a good halogen bulb! The only halogen bulb worth of using in a projector is Osram Cool blue boost. BUT, just like a led conversion, they are not road legal. So why not go for a good led conversion kit? 

i choose to use Swedish quality led bulbs produced by Ledson/Diodhuset.se.. The bulbs ain’t cheap, around £140 for a set..

The only bad thing about them is the big cooling fan, since the original headlight housing rear lids/seal dont fit over them.