Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking sensor button "stuck"

gabemc1

Hi everybody. 

Yesterday I tried it for the first time to turn off the parking sensors while the car was started with the foot off the break - so just the multimedia screen on. When I pushed the button, it went in ( deactivating the sensors) but did not come back up. I tried to fiddle with it a bit, but no success. I decided to start the car ( Break applied and Start ) and after 5-10 seconds, the button popped back on its own. I tried to turn it of and on with the engine on and it was fine. Out of curiosity,I turned everything off and tried again. "soft start" the car, pushed button, it remained "pushed", fully started the car, it popped back on. It seems to be held down by some sort of electromagnet maybe? I could not replicate this with the car in "ready". Anybody else experiencing this issue? 

Yaris Hybrid Icon Tech 2018

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Just tried it on our Icon Tech 2018 and with the button pressed once (no foot on brake) the PS button popped right back out. Then tried it with start pressed twice (no foot on brake) and still the PS button popped out immediately. May just be a sticky button, if it persists I'd pay a visit to the dealer or just give it some abuse.  😃

Really odd. I tested it. I was behaving weirdly. I drove to the dealer, and when I got there it started to work,:confused1: and it has not happened since. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links