Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new adventure

Anthony Poli

Hi Folks,

I am picking up a 15 plate Auris touring sport on Friday, so I am trying to find out all about it.

Trading in a 10 plate Auris hybrid, which still is a great car, with a limited boot space.

Whats the view on this variant?

😀

Congrats on the upgrade, Ant🤑

I have just changes from a 10 Plate to a 15 plate Touring but both are diesel .The boot space and the ride on the Touring is much better  but I do prefer the dash layout  of the older model  p  the headlights on the touring are awful compared to every other car I drive .

1 hour ago, stevecrvn said:

I have just changes from a 10 Plate to a 15 plate Touring but both are diesel .The boot space and the ride on the Touring is much better  but I do prefer the dash layout  of the older model  p  the headlights on the touring are awful compared to every other car I drive .

I agree with you about the dash, especially the way the dials are set in. I will have to wait and see about the headlights. I just have to check if the tyre size is a more common one compared to my current one.

I find my 2012 Auris headlights are so bad, I use better replacement bulbs (as Ant is fully aware of my experiment the past few years😎)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

I find my 2012 Auris headlights are so bad, I use better replacement bulbs (as Ant is fully aware of my experiment the past few years😎)

On the previous car I changed to superior headlights and it made a big difference, the Auris wasn't as bad for me.

At present I am having the wedge shaped bulbs dying one by one on the back. the worst one has to be over the number plate.

When was the rear ones last changed?

1 minute ago, Wayne2015 said:

When was the rear ones last changed?

One tail light went earlier this year and I don't know if they picked up on the number plate one at the service in June.

I couldn't get the cover of myself.

Does user manual show u how to replace?

Does user manual show u how to replace?

Yes it does, mine wasn't for popping off. Was thinking about taking the cover off and taking the whole assembly out, by pushing it out from the inside in the tailgate then changing the bulb.

I chickened out as I was worried that a simple task turns into a nightmare 😉

Just now, Anthony Poli said:

Yes it does, mine wasn't for popping off. Was thinking about taking the cover off and taking the whole assembly out, by pushing it out from the inside in the tailgate then changing the bulb.

I chickened out as I was worried that a simple task turns into a nightmare 😉

Toyota should fit it for FREE if u buy bulb from them 😉

I have forgotten to see if they have replaced it, at the service.

From the 3 pics, I can tell you its not the last one. 

Since the car hadn't been valeted it had only just arrived so it won't show up on the toyota or RRG website.

There was a white one that was 6 months younger, but had 70,000+ and looked more used. I they they had a dog too, there was one of those lamp shade things still in the boot. 

Nice

What colour?

What toys?

Get freebies (petrol, new mats, etc)

Its is a Hybrid isnit ?

Nice

What colour?

What toys?

Get freebies (petrol, new mats, etc)

Its is a Hybrid isnit ?

Denim blue, yes I know all my other cars have been silver 😮

Still trying to work it out, but I know it has sat nav. Been trying to find out what the customisation part numbers refer too.

I would be surprised if its got the TSS, but you never know.

When i drove the car it did have mats in, i'm Hoping for a full tank, stupid me filled up yesterday 😵

Of course its a hybrid, still £0 road tax. The EV range is nearly 3 times longer than what the old one according to the manual.

Had a 2015 auris touring hybrid icon + now for 3 1/2 years, and some 105, 000  miles later both engines have not missed a beat...well almost, apart from a blocked hybrid Battery cooling fan filter, which stopped hybrid kicking in. Oh, and two new seat belt stalks. Not bad at all really. In town, easily get 55+mpg (16" wheels), and cruising at 70 mph "indicated" drops to 48mpg. Still love car, but as not working any more, and life too short, just signed paperwork for 2015 BMW 120d Sport M, something with a bit more driving panache and oomph. Although, the Auris is no slouch of course. Anyway, you should have many years of happy driving , just make sure that fan filter is cleared regularly!!!

1 minute ago, Smiling Taxi said:

Had a 2015 auris touring hybrid icon + now for 3 1/2 years, and some 105, 000  miles later both engines have not missed a beat...well almost, apart from a blocked hybrid battery cooling fan filter, which stopped hybrid kicking in. Oh, and two new seat belt stalks. Not bad at all really. In town, easily get 55+mpg (16" wheels), and cruising at 70 mph "indicated" drops to 48mpg. Still love car, but as not working any more, and life too short, just signed paperwork for 2015 BMW 120d Sport M, something with a bit more driving panache and oomph. Although, the Auris is no slouch of course. Anyway, you should have many years of happy driving , just make sure that fan filter is cleared regularly!!!

Thanks for the positive news.

i have read about other owners, that have had the blocked filter and the symptoms.

I just needed a car with a bigger luggage space, especially after owning the first Auris hybrid.

For yours I think it’s similar. If newer ones are like the Yaris, you should be able to get it without taking the rear seats out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

One car cleared and ready to trade in.
Just the Auris left to clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk