Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine management light

Edwardian

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, I have a 2005 D4D Yaris and the engine management light has recently come on (and not gone off again). I borrowed a friends diagnostic tool and, when plugged in, it read "glow plug circuit fault." I reset fault but light returned a few days later. Engine starts on 1st turn, although I know the weather is not cold at the moment.

Can a faulty glow plug/plugs cause light to come on?

Many thanks in advance.. 

I had this on my 2005 Yaris D4d and was told it was a glow plug. Car still run fine

Hi,  it seems like you have a 'hard' fault in the Glow Plug system,. that's why the warning light keeps returning. It might be just a bad connection (unlikely) or a knackered plug. If you have a multi meter do a voltage check at each plug if OK change the plug. I'd do them all while I had things apart.

Toyota recommends new Glow Plugs every 100,000 miles. The car will run fine on 3 glow plugs but the weather has to be very cold.

I had this on our D4D . ALl glowplugs failed over a period of 2 months - corrosion of the neck exposed to salt water.

Replaced all - job done.. easy diy  but take great care as threads can be carbonned up and a brute force approach can strip head threads.. ££££s Careful undo one turn, retarce undo turn and half, retrace etc.. and lots of penetrating oil night before.  

(Lots of horror stories of garage mechanics using BFAI (brute force and ignorance) and stripping threads - need for coils inserted in head.. NOT cheap...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links