Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris tail lights issue

El Gato

Hi all,

My reg 08 Yaris tail lights are not coming on anymore. I have checked the fuse behind the passenger box and it seems fine. According to all the fuse diagrams I have checked, the corresponding fuse is also the same one for the plate lights but these are working OK. I have also checked both bulbs and they are also fine. Is there another fuse or relay that only covers the tails? Please help as I am puzzled as to what this can be.

many thanks in advance!

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Yaris club.

I had this issue with the front sidelights on my 06 Mk2 Yaris, and it was the bulb holders that were making bad contacts on the small wedge push in 5w bulbs. The bulb would work if wiggled about in the holder, but not stay alight. I bent the contacts in the holder inwards with a small screwdriver, and the bulbs have worked since then. The rear lights I think use the same holders and 5w small push in bulbs, so maybe try wiggling the bulbs in their holders to see if there is a bad connection. Its unusual for both bulbs to stop working and for the bulbs to be good though, usually one side goes faulty first, but it may be that one side did go faulty without you knowing, and now the other side has done the same.

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for your advice.

Indeed, I removed the sockets again and as soon as I wiggled them they started working! I am not quite sure what was wrong with them, but I did not even have to remove the bulbs from their socket. They are both working but now my Battery is flat and I cannot start the car. I am recharging it now and will test again tomorrow. I hope there are no further issues with the circuit. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links