Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2nd gen hybrid battery failing

40jack

Nightmare, so some of the cells are failing and I've got the red triangle, I've ordered some recon cells to fit but I'm thinking of buying a hybrid automotive prolong duluxe reconditioning pack to give the whole Battery an uplift. I feel that if I just replace the cells it won't last long because I won't be able to balance the whole thing.

Anyone gone down this road?  Funds are tight, anyone know of a cheap complete new hybrid Battery?

Have a look at the following topic  - 

Thank you for all the replies so far I appreciate them, so I've got the Battery out and this is the state of all the terminals, doesn't look good, I'll check voltage tomorrow when my meter gets delivered.

20181017_143613.jpg

20181017_143619.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 12:38 PM, altocumulus said:

All I can offer is :eek!:

This won't help much as they're in London - But might give an idea on costs, though they seem to concentrate on reconditioning.... http://www.ukhybridautomotive.co.uk/

Infinitely better to renew than repair believe me!

So just a quick update, I replaced the faulty cell in the pack and I also bit the bullet and ordered the hybridautomotive.com prolong deluxe reconditioning package, not cheap but now I've got it I can recon the Battery too my hearts content.

The process takes a while as its a cycle of three charges three discharges that can take a while week, the difference is marked.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 40jack said:

So just a quick update, I replaced the faulty cell in the pack and I also bit the bullet and ordered the hybridautomotive.com prolong deluxe reconditioning package, not cheap but now I've got it I can recon the battery too my hearts content.The process takes a while as its a cycle of three charges three discharges that can take a while week, the difference is marked.

In what way? - for better for worse?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links