Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Aygo rattle under load

Clownparade

Hey everyone!

For the past 3 weeks, I've been hearing a rattle at just under 3000 rpm- kind of a metallic rattle/chatter coming from the front of the car.  It's always at that very specific rpm- i.e if I held the accelerator at that specific point I would hear the noise continuously but the noise is not present if the rpms exceed or are less than the specific narrow band of rpms .  It's very obvious when it's present but on some days it does seem to disappear.  There's no particular thing that I can think of that would cause the rattle to be present or not and the route being driven has been the exact same. 

When the noise is there, it is present both when:

• driving at that specific rpm
  • revving to that specific rpm whilst the car is in neutral

Might be worth noting that a few days before these issues started, I had an intermediate service and two new front tyres from a toyota dealership. As well as this, I had  previously been driving over some terrible roads so unsure if the pot hole gods have decided to gift me with repair bills.  

I would therefore really appreciate any advice regarding:

• could this be normal?
  • If not normal, do you have any suggestions as to what it could be?
  • What do you think I should do about it?

Why not speak to the dealer and ask for a technician to come out with you to, hopefully, experience the noise.

19 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Why not speak to the dealer and ask for a technician to come out with you to, hopefully, experience the noise.

Thank you for your suggestion. Because it has been so intermittently present recently ( not heard at all in the past 2 days),  I'm waiting for a chance to record it before going to the dealer just in case they can't reproduce it on the day.

Have you opened the bonnet since the noise started, the reason I ask is it is not unheard of for the bonnet stay to unclip and drop down into the engine bay and rattle around 

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Have you opened the bonnet since the noise started, the reason I ask is it is not unheard of for the bonnet stay to unclip and drop down into the engine bay and rattle around 

Thanks for your suggestion. I have looked under the hood and the bonnet stay has always been firmly clipped in- I have noticed though that the actual stay clip itself is slightly loose in that I'm able to wiggle it about- not sure how tightly it's supposed to be attached to the bonnet though :S 

• 11 months later...

Hi there,

Did you ever get to the bottom of the rattle? My 2015 MK2 Aygo does exactly the same thing, just before or near enough bang on 3k revs it's like a raspy rattle noise as I accelerate, but soon as I take my foot off of the pedal... It stops. Or if I push past 3k, it stops

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links