Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Toyota Go system do I have?

Chriss27

Got a 66 reg Rav 4 business plus and on Toyota app to register multimedia it is asking which multimedia I have - the options being Toyota touch and go, Toyota touch with go generation 1 or Toyota touch and go with generation 2. The system info option on car does not really help. Thank you.

Given the 2016 date I would suspect Touch 2 with Go (assuming that you have satnav). The system info should help nail it - what version does it say it is running?

Hi Heidfirst it says software version 6.7.OWL and Map ID 2016 v1. A second question has arisen in that although I am second owner and car not yet 3 year old can I still get the free map updates you get for first 3 years. I have Satnav. Thanks

Hi Chris, you definitely have Touch 2 with Go then, the "low" version. As to whether you qualify for the 3 years free updates depends upon when exactly the car was registered iirc.

If you had the "high" version you definitely would but iirc the "low" version only gained the 3 years free entitlement mid-summer 2016. Have you signed up for MyToyota yet as going to the e-store from that will probably tell you (there is a chance that it will show a charge until you go right through until the end even if you have a free entitlement)?

If you don't have a free entitlement & are thinking about keeping the car for a no. of years you can get 3 years maps & connected services for £199.

Thanks for your help. I can see there is a free map update available on e-store but understand there are issues with updating maps ie not user friendly? plus I think I need a usb memory stick, any ideas what memory size I need

Updating isn't  that hard but it does take time as the engine must be running during the update (otherwise the car systems would shut down after 20-30 minutes to save the Battery & you would potentially have a corrupted head unit as it would be mid-update) & the update may take over an hour depending upon which maps you have selected (if you don't need Continental country maps I suggest that you don't load them as it will speed up the process).

You do need an USB memory stick, minimum 8Gb (& I wouldn't go any larger than 32).

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-2-how-to-update-your-maps-and-software

How long does an update take?  And engine running like you said?  I'm downloading the October update in maps and my Auris was a late 16 so ? A low version?  I know it's touch 2 with go.  Just unzipping the download now then I'll have to pick up the kids and do it after that.

23 minutes ago, catnash said:

How long does an update take?  And engine running like you said?  I'm downloading the October update in maps and my Auris was a late 16 so ? A low version?  I know it's touch 2 with go.  Just unzipping the download now then I'll have to pick up the kids and do it after that.

I did my Prius this morning with the high version, I only do the uk maps and it took about 20 mins.  I was wondering if it was going to work as it seemed to take a couple of minutes after starting car and plugging usb in before the update started.

We'll I've downloaded the zip file and unzipped it to a USB fat32 nothing updating yet after a minute might go back and have another go....

Can you not do the update in power on mode only ie without engine running

2 hours ago, catnash said:

We'll I've downloaded the zip file and unzipped it to a USB fat32 nothing updating yet after a minute might go back and have another go....

did you enter the activation code?

9 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Can you not do the update in power on mode only ie without engine running

Not sure about the hybrids but on  diesel/petrol in acc. mode the car will shut down systems after 20-30 minutes to protect the Battery. That could result in a failed update & a corrupted head unit (if you do the full map update of all countries it can take over an hour).

They recommend having the engine running.  If the ignition is turned off during the update process then you apparently will corrupt the head unit of you touch 2.  I believe that if you just have it on aux it shuts down after 30 mins to save the Battery so as the update can take 40 mins the recommendation is to keep the engine running.  I usually do a bit of gardening or wash the car while it’s updating.  There is a document that details the process next to the download button in your store purchases.

Just looked at my e store account and if you click on installation help it talks about over the air installation, is this an alternative to the usb method ? Is this just for installing apps for eg glass of water app or can you do map updates also by this method

14 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Just looked at my e store account and if you click on installation help it talks about over the air installation, is this an alternative to the usb method ? Is this just for installing apps for eg glass of water app or can you do map updates also by this method

I believe you can do over the air map updates but as you have to use your phone data to do it and a loss of signal could cause a problem. I assume it would take much longer as well.  I’ve never tried it, I’ve used usb stick several times over the past few years with no problems so I personally would always do it this way.

i would be worried that over the air might not be reliable.

if you’ve already got it on a usb just start the engine, wait until your touch 2 has fully started up, put in the usb, wait until the update begins, put in your code , wait until the update completes and bobs yer uncle.

• Thanks 1

Martyn, it usually starts to update after a couple of mins. Check that you only have the files below on your USB and not the master file, 6.11.2, as this can cause problems.

image.png.a2544032c12eca8f88c7a91ec9df3f29.png  

• Thanks 1

Cheers estate.  Off to Lyon Towers tomorrow and I'll have another crack at it when I'm back...

Thanks for the info didn’t think of loss of signal so will give it a go next week via usb