Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control too agressive!

Fantom1

Hi! I have a t27 2,2 TD Automatic.

I find the adaptive cruise control too agressive! Does anybody know how to make it smoother and more economic..?

Being pedantic I know, but fyi a 2011 Avensis doesn't have  adaptive cruise control.

I didn't seem to have the issue that you mention on my 2012 manual 2012 so maybe it is linked to the transmission & perhaps kickdown? What kind of geography is there where you drive (cc works best on the flat)?

Its an automatic. I live in norway so its mostly uphill and downhill. Its true it works best on the flat. It isnt adaptive? It follows the car in front and brakes without me braking. Isnt that what adaptive is?

Yes, that's adaptive.  Maybe the higher trim levels in the Avensis got ACC earlier, or your car has an option that upgraded to adaptive?

The previous generation of Prius had a 'Tech Pack' option that included Adaptive CC.

Coming back to your original question, does you car have selectable drive modes, such as ECO or SPORT?  If so, the selected mode may influence it.

For comparison, the Prius had three modes - ECO, NORMAL & PWR (Prius speak for SPORT), which mainly affect the way the car responds to different accelerator pressure.  When ACC is active, it accelerates very gently in ECO, much harder in NORMAL and almost full throttle in PWR mode.  The ordinary (non-adaptive) CC in the previous generation Prius did not change levels of acceleration according to drive mode (e.g. when using Resume).

Im using Ecomode, but still its agressive. Shifts down twice just to accellerate 5km. And thats not very Eco..

ps thanx for answering guys.

2 hours ago, Fantom1 said:

Its an automatic. I live in norway so its mostly uphill and downhill. Its true it works best on the flat. It isnt adaptive? It follows the car in front and brakes without me braking. Isnt that what adaptive is?

Interesting as I am not aware of even a 2018 Avensis having an option of adaptive CC (at least in the UK) let alone a 2011 (& I had a 2012 2.2 T-Spirit - the highest UK trim level).

Its an Avensis t27 2,2 turbodiesel executice 2011.

and yes, with adaptive cruise control.

I think its imported from germany.

I have noticed that nothing really happens when i hit the sportbutton. Mabye its stuck in sport? But it changes from eco to sport in the display.

1 minute ago, Fantom1 said:

I have noticed that nothing really happens when i hit the sportbutton. Mabye its stuck in sport? But it changes from eco to sport in the display.

That certainly doesn't sound right - on conventional autos and MMT cars I've driven, selecting sport causes an immediate drop to a lower gear, more aggressive kick-down and it holds each gear longer while accelerating.  The difference has been quite noticeable.

On the Hybrids like the Prius, which have a single gear that behaves like a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), the only noticeable difference (apart from it being called PWR rather than sport) is when the accelerator is pressed, when there is much more acceleration for a much smaller depression of the pedal.

27 minutes ago, Fantom1 said:

Its an Avensis t27 2,2 turbodiesel executice 2011.

and yes, with adaptive cruise control.

I think its imported from germany.

is it an oem cruise control or an aftermarket one?

The car will have been built in the UK (the engine built in Poland).