Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screenwash level check

HughL

Should my Gen 4 BE+ have a dipstick to check the screenwash level? My Gen 3 did but this one doesn't.  First time I've checked the level and puzzled. Filled it to the top to be on the safe side, but I'd like to be able to check it weekly as I get through quite a lot during the winter. 

If it should have I'll get one from the dealer when I take it in for the wiring recall later in the week. If not,  how can you tell how full it is? I can't see the reservoir itself,  but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Any info welcome. Thanks.

PS I did RTFM, but couldn't see anything other than info on where the filler is.

There is no dipstick. I must admit that I rarely used the one on the Gen 3.

I have always topped it up at regular intervals to ensure you never run out. In my case that was usually monthly. 

I always found that you could hear the fluid I. The filler pipe when it got near to full, so you could slow down before it reached the top. 

The Gen 4 Prius displays a warning message when the level is low - I keep a bottle of water in the car, so the first time I waited until it ran out to see how much notice I got - it lasted another 1,000 miles or so:

• Like 1

There was no dipstick in either of my last RAVs, I just topped it up until I could see the top of the fluid in the pipe.

The total capacity seems to be about 4 litres.

Mine takes 5 liters.

The warning light comes on for me when there is literally about 3 seconds of squirting left.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like just topping it up every week is the best bet. Help much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, HughL said:

Thanks everyone. Sounds like just topping it up every week is the best bet. Help much appreciated. 

If you use a lot in the winter then that's the best thing to do.

Think! Those of us with the latest plug-in are saving water by not having a rear wiper/washer 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I used the front wipers and am sure I tried the switch to clean the rear, wondering why it was still dirty. I thought the rear had a nice clean look to it. Clean look but not clean! What else is missing 🙄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil T said:

I used the front wipers and am sure I tried the switch to clean the rear, wondering why it was still dirty. I thought the rear had a nice clean look to it. Clean look but not clean! What else is missing 🙄

I keep doing that too! Wondering why the rear switch wasn't working. I'm going to give rainex another go, though it won't stop a build up of dust and grime...