Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV 4 Hybrid Consumption

Jagst

What consumption are other RAV Hybrid users getting. In mixed driving we are getting about40 mpg.?

Just got mine at weekend and working it to best as possible on electric and at moment around 47mpg. I’m avoiding motorways and using lots of urban roads to maximise mpg

Had our Rav for almost a year and it returns between 42 to 55 to the gallon. looking on some American sites they seem to get a lot less, in the low 30's. 

1 hour ago, Nobby_Salter said:

Had our Rav for almost a year and it returns between 42 to 55 to the gallon. looking on some American sites they seem to get a lot less, in the low 30's. 

1 US Gallon=0.833 Imperial Gallon, so 33 US mpg = 40.8 Imp mpg

1 hour ago, Nobby_Salter said:

The US gallon is smaller - around 3.785 litres compared to the UK gallon of around 4.546 litres. In other words the US gallon is 0.83 of a UK (Imperial) gallon

19 hours ago, Jagst said:

What consumption are other RAV Hybrid users getting. In mixed driving we are getting about40 mpg.?

It may be worth looking at the Honest John Real MPG figures for the Hybrid RAV4 ... these suggest that folk are getting between 34 and 50 mpg with an average around 42 mpg. So your experience is not far off par for the course.

As well as varying significantly with journey type and driving style it's worth noting that fuel consumption can only be measured with any degree of accuracy using the brim-to-brim method and even when you have taken great care measuring your own consumption figures you can't always be sure the same is true of figures reported by others.

• 4 weeks later...

I was getting around 40mpg in mixed driving over the summer - 40/41 on a few long motorway runs.  Short city trips regularly give 50+ individually but the overall average has dropped to ~36 now in the colder weather (very little town driving and probably a bit quicker getting around).  Eco mode does little, though I sometimes engage it with cruise control on dual carriageways/motorways as it seems to (slightly) dampen the urge to accelerate as soon as the radar sees the road ahead is clear.