Do Not Sell My Personal Information

toyota verso oil maintenance

jon55

Had full service on final year of my service plan in June 2018 for my 2014 model.  Now have oil maintenance needed ( in some 450 miles) coming up on my display. Main dealer says will need new oil and new oil filter costing £185. Mileage at time of full service was 37,000 +, current mileage 41,000+. Never had this problem in first  four years! Main dealer says this problem can happen at any time despite having new oil and oil filter in June. Any thoughts/ similar issues?

Moved to the Verso club.

Which engine do you have:

1.6 BMW engine - servicing due upto every 12.500 miles/12 months

2.0 Toyota engine servicing due every 10000 miles /12 months

Reason for asking is in both cases the dealer may not have reset the service light and the counter has now come around as due however on the 1.6 the Service counter is "dynamic" and includes an oil quality monitor which can significantly reduce the time/mileage allowed before next service if it decides the oil is degrading quickly, the oil degradation is usually linked to short trips with lots of stop/start driving and extended periods of idling etc.

If you have a 2.0 then it is likely the counter needs resetting where as on the 1.6 it could be just a reset but it could also be the car deciding it's time to change the oil & filter ( no need for another service @ £ 185 just have the oil & filter changed ) 

Many thanks for replying, I have a 1.6 diesel. My trips since my most recent full service in June have been no different to previous years hence my surprise. The £185 quoted by the main dealer was just for an oil and filter change!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jon55 said:

Many thanks for replying, I have a 1.6 diesel. My trips since my most recent full service in June have been no different to previous years hence my surprise. The £185 quoted by the main dealer was just for an oil and filter change!

£185 is exactly the cost of an Intermediate service which is what I suspect you have been quoted. The only way to tell will be have the service light reset if the light comes back quickly then it is oil condition if not then the reset was forgotten.

See page 456 on how to reset service reminder

OM64517E.pdf

Thanks again. I will read up on it and have a go over the weekend. I do wonder why the main dealership did not do this/ or tell me I could when I called in to tell them of my situation. All I left with was a quote of £185 with no mention that it was for an intermediate service.

Many thanks Devon Aygo. I printed off the relevant pages and took the car to a garage we use for my wife's 2007 mini. They are BMW trained and are extremely helpful and they duly reset the oil maintenance reset and it now reads some 12000+ miles. So far the message has not returned. Is it possible to say how soon the message would reappear if indeed the oil and filter do need replacing? 

• 1 year later...

Bought 2.0 verso t-spirit back in January from a car dealer, the car was ment to have had a full service. I bought the car with 93000 miles on the clock. It's now at 96200 in July and my oil change message has now appeared on the dash . Will this just be down to the reset not being done after service?

1 hour ago, Paul91 said:

Bought 2.0 verso t-spirit back in January from a car dealer, the car was ment to have had a full service. I bought the car with 93000 miles on the clock. It's now at 96200 in July and my oil change message has now appeared on the dash . Will this just be down to the reset not being done after service?

See Devon Aygo's post of 25th October 2018 within this topic.

Please edit the model year in your profile as there are no 2020 Toyota Verso's.