Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help needed airbag fuse location

PYATES2

Could you please help me I've been looking for the location of the srs airbag fuse location on a 2003 corolla t sport but unable to find it.

I can't communicate with with the module with my laptop.

The module was connecting then stopped.

All other modules communicate ok.

Thanks Paul

Hi,

Looking at a diagram for a standard Corolla, it seems the SRS unit is a direct connection to the power line, fed straight from the ignition line, so if those fuses were blown, nothing would turn on.

Have you tried disconnecting the Battery for a while so the SRS circuitry might be  reset like  the ECU does.  ?

You don't mention what your actual fault is ? 

Working on the SRS system sounds like a very difficult and dangerous thing without the right information.

Hi thanks for the reply I'm turning my t sport into a track car/show car. So trying to disable or bypass the airbag system to put aftermarket steering wheel on also bucket seats in. But it's getting harder i shorted out the 3 things above and the airbag module showed there short circuit. I undid the drivers seat airbag wires while the Battery was still connected now I can't connect to the unit.

I have disconnected it & reconnected the Battery still the same.

I don't know if I've blown the control module.

I have seen airbag bypass resisters on eBay but don't know what ohms Toyota work on. 

Any help will be much appreciated 

Paul

Hi,

Sounds an  interesting project  :biggrin:

Afraid have no idea on how to disable the SRS system, though think great care will be needed,  seems the Airbag recall is due to the fact the passengers bag can explode by itself,  think that might mean it can do that without any power connected ..?

Have sent you a PM with some limited info.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links