Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare key

TP49

Had a spare key cut today for the Estima, not a remote but central locking and imobliliser key cost £50.

Good decision, Tony....I must do the same.:laugh:

I've been meaning to do it for 2.5 years and never quite got around to it.

I need the same...just a central locking on the key (no remote) and to get past the immobiliser (a clone)

Hi Neil, yes I also kept meaning to get one cut, but today I was stood outside the shop so thought I'd get it done. Not a bad price I thought.

Wow! Great price compared to the Mk3!

I once did go into a Timpsons place and IIRC thet quoted me about £50 to cut/clone my key...but I didn't have the time to do it then...and then just never went back.!!

10 hours ago, Paulscarbs said:

Wow! Great price compared to the Mk3!

Hello Paul, is your key remote central locking and is the car alarmed?

37 minutes ago, TP49 said:

Only took five minutes Neil.

That's great, Tony...who did you use.?...

A shop called Cobblers and Keys in Sudbury Neil not far from me.

1 hour ago, TP49 said:

A shop called Cobblers and Keys in Sudbury Neil not far from me.

Cheers, Tony....just wondered if you'd used a nationwide outfit like Timpsons that's all...I have an outfit fairly close to me who I can use so I think it's time for me to get to grips with it..lol.

I've never lost or broken a key in my entire car owning life...BUT...you never know.!!

Hello

About 3 months ago I asked Listers Toyota in Stratford upon Avon to get me a spare key done for me on my 03 Aeras, as they had done before on my 2000 Aeras. Funnily enough the price was about the same, £235. Except when I went to collect the key just before they closed, I was told that the central locking had been programmed in but not the alarm system. Also the key they had done for me was the wrong type of key ( a 2 button key, normally done for the mk 2 with power sliding doors ), mine is a one button key. I was told that the next time I went up they would rectify the alarm side.

Anyway this week when I went to unlock my Estima, the Battery was flat in my working remote, so I opened the drivers door with the key. Yes it unlocked, but you have 15 seconds to get the key in ignition or the alarm goes off and it did so, suppose it proves the system works.

Michael

• Like 1

I've had similar quotes, Michael.....but I was never bothered about the remote central locking/unlocking aspect...I just wanted a spare key that would unlock the door and get past the immobiliser...so paying around £50 to get a cloned key seem better value for money to me.

• Like 1

Did you manage to switch the alarm off Michael? With the remote not working.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:46 AM, TP49 said:

Hello Paul, is your key remote central locking and is the car alarmed?

It's a volumetric key so can remain in my pocket. Locks by pressing a button on the door handle and beeps to indicate alarm is set.

15 hours ago, Paulscarbs said:

It's a volumetric key so can remain in my pocket. Locks by pressing a button on the door handle and beeps to indicate alarm is set.

Hence the extra cost for the spare key. I didn't want a remote key or push button entry, what Iv'e got suits my needs nicely.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I'm unsure whether mine has an alarm or not!

10 minutes ago, Paulscarbs said:

Actually, I'm unsure whether mine has an alarm or not!

On my old Hi lux surf if I pressed the remote twice to double lock it the car was alarmed, I'm not sure how newer modern alarms work now though. All to technical for my brain. Lol.

• 8 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, TP49 said:

Had a spare key cut today for the Estima, not a remote but central locking and imobliliser key cost £50.

Hi, is your original a 1 button key and did you use Timpsons? as the one near me said he could not do it.

14 hours ago, RP1969 said:

Hi, is your original a 1 button key and did you use Timpsons? as the one near me said he could not do it.

Hi there, no there's no buttons on my key so no remote central locking is with the key in the drivers side door lock. The company I used was Cobblers and Keys in Sudbury.

20 hours ago, RP1969 said:

I have a one-button remote for my Esti (an Feb 2003 model Mk II)..I know mine can be cloned ok..(dunno about Timpsons)...at a cost of £45 (last quote I had)..but that's just for the chip to get past the immobiliser  NOT the remote function.

Your pic (assuming that's your Esti) suggests yours is a later model...?? and I would have thought have a different (2 button.?) remote.?..the reg. confuses me a little..you sure it should be a 52 plate.?

• 3 weeks later...

yes, it is a 52 plate , registered in January 2003, it has a one button key fob, and the transponder inside it has the No 30050 written on it.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, TP49 said:

On 9/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, RUToyota said:

I have a one-button remote for my Esti (an Feb 2003 model Mk II)..I know mine can be cloned ok..(dunno about Timpsons)...at a cost of £45 (last quote I had)..but that's just for the chip to get past the immobiliser  NOT the remote function.

Your pic (assuming that's your Esti) suggests yours is a later model...?? and I would have thought have a different (2 button.?) remote.?..the reg. confuses me a little..you sure it should be a 52 plate.?

yes, it is a 52 plate , registered in January 2003, it has a one button key fob, and the transponder inside it has the No 30050 written on it.

the guy who previously owned it, had a lot of work done on it, then left it in his showroom for the past 10 years and it has only 20k on it.

Sounds and looks a nice Esti, Rajesh...obviously quite a bit has been spent on it.

You shouldn't have any problem in getting a spare key cloned.

• 1 year later...

Hi my Toyota Estma old model key was destroyed by kids now I am looking for spare part with immobiliser.