Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat-nav needs updating

YK1978

Hello all,

Nice to be at TOC - hopefully someone here can advise me how to update the Sat Nav on my Aygo 2016 plate? I called the Toyota garage and was quoted £150 plus vat!

I am happy to pay for it to be updated but not £150

As far as I'm aware, unlike the Touch 2 system on other models, the X-Nav needs to be updated at a dealership. The cost also includes labour for updating the system. Built in sat navs are always going to be quite expensive to update.

Different system

Ok, thanks for the replies. (Have contacted eBay seller to confirm)

Have any Aygo drivers here updated their sat-nav? If so please respond with any info - really don't think it's right to pay £150 plus vat to update the sat-nav!

Thank again all.

Price quoted to update sat nav on a Prius Gen 3 which had an onboard hard drive was over £250. It had not been updated since new (8 years old when I bought the car) and I declined as well. No surprise really. I just used my Tom Tom with free updates for life.

Navigation on the current Aygo with X-Nav is updated with a new Micro SD Card see: https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index

on the Aygo the Micro SD card is inside the Nav control box, this is in the glove box top LH corner, open the small sliding cover, push in and release the SD card, read the part number and input the number into the site above to order an update if available.

• 9 months later...

Once you’ve got the new SD card simply pop it in the slot and close the cover, insert key and turn on then follow on screen instructions. Really simple - less than 5 minutes to do. Hardest bit was reading the numbers on the old card and then getting the new one in the slot ( it’s a little fiddly). Definitely NOT a dealer job. 

my advise is if you cant get a cheap update for the system then dont bother

your sat nav will still get you to where you need to be with the old maps

and dont forget the new map will still be out of date as it was probaby

compiled 12months ago and the road network will of changed since.

• 2 months later...

I was quoted around £100 for the latest micro sd maps from main dealer.

• 9 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 10:51 PM, Packard said:

I was quoted around £100 for the latest micro sd maps from main dealer.

Toyota website https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks is currently quoting £79.15 + VAT for the latest SD card PZ41C-EU330-0U which works out at just under £95.

The previous SD card PZ41C-EU330-0T is on eBay for under £50 though.

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get a new card under £30 on eBay, swapped over easy and sorted ! Even came with firmware updated 

• Like 1