Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing headlight bulb

Chriss27

Thanks Kingi but all sorted now mate. Hir 2 optiwhites from Toyota and all fitted. Doesn’t explain why one Toyota dealer (after speaking to Toyota) says you can’t get them for my car and the other supplies them to me in a Toyota box.

1 hour ago, Chriss27 said:

Doesn’t explain why one Toyota dealer (after speaking to Toyota) says you can’t get them for my car and the other supplies them to me in a Toyota box.

Think it depends on how good the parts person is .....

6 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

I'm ace :shock:

Agreed.

I had original 2008 bulbs which lasted about 6 years and were still going when I fitted Nightbreakers. The latter were I'm sure brighter but only lasted about a year.  Now on Philips of some sort, might be ExtremeVision or one step down.

2 hours ago, Dippy said:

I had original 2008 bulbs which lasted about 6 years and were still going when I fitted Nightbreakers. The latter were I'm sure brighter but only lasted about a year.  Now on Philips of some sort, might be ExtremeVision or one step down.

The usual drawback with brighter bulbs is a shorter life.

However, halogen bulbs do deteriorate with age so 6 year old bulbs would probably be due for replacement.

Yes I was looking around the web and there is no one selling apart from blue tint, which in the past I have found worse than originals. Looks like Toyota or nothing. Auto Express have always slated PIAA bulbs as often worse than originals and always expensive, never living up to their claims.

• 5 years later...