Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear light swap

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

A quick one, i’m a little curious about this one.

I have an 08 3 door Aygo. I have a slight crack on my drivers side rear lamp.

So ive been thinking...

Could i replace them with lamps off the newer model...say a 14 plate...i like the look of them

Are they the exact same size and fit though with the same connector etc?

Id really appreciate your help on this one. Thanks guys

Hi sam

i'm sure its been done on here using the facelift aygo rear lights(pre mk2)

my recommendation would be to ring or go to a breakers

and ask them to have a look at the 2 styles to double check fitting

Cheers Eygo

Rang some local breakers today...no luck sadly.

However, i took a walky passed a 12 plate Aygo and had a peep and they look the same size, im just unsure if the connector and lugs at the rear differ, cant seem to find a pic on google either, hmmm, should i chance 100£ and order them anyway.

1 hour ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Cheers Eygo

Rang some local breakers today...no luck sadly.

However, i took a walky passed a 12 plate Aygo and had a peep and they look the same size, im just unsure if the connector and lugs at the rear differ, cant seem to find a pic on google either, hmmm, should i chance 100£ and order them anyway.

Try checking for used ones on eBay, they put good quality pictures there, you should be able to find some to compare the connectors.

Nothing guarantees wires are in same order, so there's a possibility you would need to cut and re-solder the wires anyway

Cheers guys

Ive ordered a pair, and shall update once fitted, if they fit that is lol, going via some pics they look the same size, connectors appear identical, and the layout appears spot on.

Fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, Planemo said:

I fitted them to mine some time back. Direct swop.

You’re the best planemo...been waiting for a positive response...thank you.

I cant wait for them to arrive and get them fitted. 

I do worry a little about the replacements causing any water leaks but ill check the seals on them first.

Otherwise i recon theyll look better than the current ones i have, i like the chrome rings on the newer ones with the black inserts, matches the headlamps better in my opinion.

I think the facelifted clusters look a lot more modern with the chrome peeking out behind a nice tint than the original, infected red blisters of previous.

IMG_20160326_221916.jpg.d5b043a66e37584c28abfb3b94b20f2e.jpg

Planemo, your Aygo is a beauty, lost for words.

Hey my replacement updated lights arrived today, cant wait to fit them, hopefully this week weather permitting, im still worried about them causing any water leaks, i have no leak issues currently, the seals on the replacement look okay but one corner does look a bit manky, wondering i should silicone them on incase???

I have never had issues with either my original clusters or the replacements and didnt do any extra sealing at all.

The high level brake light, aerial mount, vents behind the rear bumper etc I have not been so lucky with...

Good Evening fellow forumers,

Im glad to say...yay...all went well with my rear light transplant this morning, it was as planemo said...a straight swap...perfect fit and look much much better...i have a much smarter rear end now lol.

Thank you guys for all your input.

enjoy showing your new rear end off  🙂

22 hours ago, eygo said:

enjoy showing your new rear end off  🙂

Thank you.

I am onto my next project.

1. I carry some pretty heavy loads in my AYGO. It seems to sit pretty lowish, i can feel it a tat. Doing the bounce test i see no second bouncing. And the shock absorbers show no signs of leakage. I’d like that strong high stance look. I’m thinking whether i should replace all 4 springs?

2. I am still having a fuel consumption issue even after replacing my cat and both sensors. Hit 200 miles on a full tank last week. My heart tells me its either the fuel filter or the tte backbox causing an issue. Its a guessing game. Replacing the back box is easy but expensive as it’d need to be custom made being the centre type, but the fuel filter, is this an easy job? Or could it be a fuel pump issue? Hmmm