Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4 D4D burning oil.

Rasmalai

Hi, I have recently had to top up my 2014 1.4 Diesel Auris with 1L of engine oil and was wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues? I've only done 5000 miles since the last oil change and regularly check the oil so this has probably happened over the last couple of months.

Thanks

Approx how many miles does the loss cover?

I would say around 2000 miles

What grade of oil are you using?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I topped up using 0w-30 

I had similar issue with 0w20. After doing 4 to 5k miles i needed half a bottle of 1ltr 0w20.

I think these 0w grade oils are thin and burn quicker. I spoke to 3 mechanics and they said 5w30 is what they prefer for older cars.

Whay do you think? Whats mileage of ur car?

So I believe Toyota filled up with 5w30 after my service in June, and I topped up with 0w30 because that is what was recommended in the owners book. So the oil burnt was the 5w30 so I'm not sure. My car is only on 20k which is why I'm confused as to why it went through a litre of oil.

Hmmmm, does ur car have warranty? I'm not sure. It might be worth getting it checked out.

Yeah I'm getting it checked out still under warranty

tbh if it's  4 years old /20,000 mile (i.e. 5,000 pa) DPF-equipped diesel that's totally the wrong type of engine for the apparent use that it is getting . Could be related.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 4:45 PM, Heidfirst said:

tbh if it's  4 years old /20,000 mile (i.e. 5,000 pa) DPF-equipped diesel that's totally the wrong type of engine for the apparent use that it is getting . Could be related.

I'm going to second this. If it's a lot of short rides then it's not too strange there's increased oil consumption.

I've never had to top up my 2010 1.4D in between services and I only do very long motorway rides (5w30 oil).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links