Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHV Adaptive High Beam - Do Yours Work Like They Should?

Ten Ninety

Hi All

Landed here after looking for themes about topic.

Changed car after 8 years driving Prius plus (US Prius V) - now 2 months in PHV, model 2019 (5 seater).

As driving alot at night, Adaptive High Beam System (AHS) feature was welcome.

Tonight found dark road where it was possible to safely accelerate above usual speeds on my night trips of 40-50 km/h where I couldn’t see any AHS action.

So tonight, after reaching 60 km/h low beam turned to high (blue indicator on) and stayed on below 60 all down to let say 40 (not sure yet).

Thats all for now and it is prety useless regarding lower (safer) speeds thru twistee roads.

In about a month will visit service for oil change and ask dealer for explanation.

I think AHS is disabled as per table in manual, p. 760, 1st row, if AHS is Off then “only high beam goes on/off’’, no other features like cornering lights and this can be changed only by Toyota service (last column in that table).

That is strange as default is ON.

• 3 months later...

From the test drive I had years ago, I remember they came on > 40 MPH, and went off < 30 MPH. I didn't notice narrowing with speed (tested on dual carriageway, varying speed), and I didn't notice cornering, either.

Shuttering worked OK (mostly) but found most of all it was too sensitive to itself, so driving towards a street sign, it would cause it to dip because it thought a vehicle was coming the other way.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links