Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed camera warning

SpeedingBilly

How do I turn on the speed camera warning system on my Auris Hybrid 2018? Both visual and sound alerts would help and whether they’re accurate for both mobile and static cameras. Thanks

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Auris club

Hi Ian, welcome to TOC 🙂

First off, I take it that you have Touch 2 with Go (satnav)?

They can't be accurate for mobile as the database is only updated every ~6 months or so along with the maps. (Waze is probably the best for this as it is crowd-sourced essentially in real time. Even then you are reliant on someone entering it as they drive/soon after).

Hi. Thanks for the ‘speedy’ reply. Yes, I have a Touch 2 and it displays different speeds from the dash. 

you have Touch 2 but do you also have Go (it's a modular system so you can have Touch 2 without Go)?

If you do have Go with speed cameras enabled you should get both  audible warning(s) [I believe that the latest update may have changed behaviour & I haven't updated yet] & there should be an icon on the map.

Oh dear. I worried this might happen! How do I identify it?

What trim grade is it e.g. Icon/IconTech/Design/Excel? Icon I believe only has Touch 2, with Go as an option whereas the others all have Go as standard.

If you press the map/nav button (usually lower right) do you get a map or does it say something like "system not installed/unavailable"?

Did you not get even thin starter manuals with the car (you can download much more complete ones from Toyota)? https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OM12K67E.pdf

Strangely the starter manual doesn’t cover it and thanks for the link. 

Pressing the button produces a map so it’s a Touch 2 AND Go?

Sounds like it 🙂(being pedantic with Touch 2 it is actually with Go).

Oh & whilst I am being pedantic, if you enable internet data access via your mobile phone you may get mobile speed camera warnings but I personally wouldn't rely on them being absolutely current.

I’m not fussed about pedants. But you’ve been very helpful - what’s the best way of monitoring speed cameras then?