Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Proace water leak

Colinarch

Hi all bought myself a 17 plate proace with the intention of turning it into a Small camper however once I had removed the ply lining and began the sound deadening process I noticed corrosion on both sliding doors and also the rear at the bottom inner seam, the water is leaking past all the door handles now there are drain holes for this reason but corrosion already!! The lack of Any cavity wax etc has not helped things, wondering if anyone else had had this issue? Restricts what I can do in regards to insulation 

4A775C6A-594A-4696-8F72-A5F26D22734D.jpeg

B258FBF7-7ACC-449A-8B75-7F586D1D44E8.jpeg

The Proace is built by PSA (Peugeot/Citroen).

I would contact your local Toyota dealer and ask them to inspect the areas of corrosion as your vehicle should still be covered under the paintwork/surface corrosion warranty (3 years) and the anti corrosion/perforation warranty (12 years).

See https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty

As above...get Toyota involved...it's not what you'd expect with something that has a Toyota Badge.!

I wouldn't be happy with that at all on such a young vehicle.

Thanks for the reply buddy I contacted them and they were very reluctant I have to say , however they did authorise the areas to be cleaned and have cavity wax applied , I work as a tech for Audi and very much love my toyotas , so I got some dinitrol to apply to the affected areas then applied cavity wax myself, was just a bit concerned especially with it being so new and obvs how bad the door handles do leak

• Thanks 1