Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tow bar for Plug in Prius

Golfer1

Is there a tow bar for the Plug In? I know it can’t be used for towing, I just want to use it for my bike carrier. 

The Prius Plug-In Hybrid doesn’t have a towing capacity. (says a Toyota Rep on their blog).

1 hour ago, altocumulus said:

The Prius Plug-In Hybrid doesn’t have a towing capacity. (says a Toyota Rep on their blog).

... which the OP knows. They want the tow bar for a tow bar mounted cycle carrier.

The info is in the first post ...

• 1 year later...

I too have the same issue Martin...

I have a 2017 Prius with a factory tow hitch for my Thule rack, but am thinking of a 2020 Plug in, but no factory option.....and can’t find any aftermarket info.

so looks like a Corolla 2.0 with factory tow hitch.....unless some info turns up that a hitch can be fitted, despite Toy saying no towing.

probably USA Prius chat has more info, but not for the UK

7DE7FA5A-F4CB-4E13-8A6F-2C49829711AF.jpeg

• Like 1

Raised this issue on the Yaris section some time back.

Yes, you can fit a towbar and you can carry a bike or two ............ or six?

If there's a towbar there, someone will tow something.  If we'd bought our Yaris Hybrid privately at (say) six or eight years old and an earlier owner had fitted a towbar for his/her bikes .................  would I care?  If it's got a towbar, so I'd tow a trailer!

Mick.

• 2 years later...

I was given to understand it is due to a problem of compatibility with the Battery ventilation system on this model. Not claiming that is correct, just what I've been able to glean - getting reliable information is like pulling teeth.