Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Part behind bumper hanging

Spanner9077

Hit a high kerb parking in a drive and now there is a plastic part hanging down from behind the front bumper. (Picture attached)

Looks like its taken a fair bashing and probably won't just slot back in. Any one know how to fix/if it's needed/how much a repair could be?

Thanks

Car_Forum.jpg

Rubber skirt used to protect bumper and as an aerodynamic aid. Usually held on by clips or similar.

So I should be able to fix this myself if I can get it back in the clips?

the clips look like they are still attached in the picture, just unclip the middle and then insert into the hole and push the centre back in to secure

From what I remember, when changing a foglight lamp and not wanting to crawl on a cold floor to have a look right now, it's secured by hex. head steel screws (10mm socket/spanner).

There are plastic inserts into which the screws locate, I renewed a couple of these because some heavy handed French person must have been a bit too ambitious at the factory and stripped the threads.🙄 I think there are plastic push in clips too with a large diameter collar.

The extent of any fixings damage needs to be confirmed too. It should be a d.i.y. job assuming all the parts are to hand.

I'm sure I have some clips. If so I'll take a picture of them.

You should be able to cable tie it up initially.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links