Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo has a virus

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi

All of a sudden, she drove perfectly fine this morning, however this afternoon from start to finish, she drove eratic, idling rough, and the engine is hotter than hot, and then i get this burning smell, i have no idea whats wrong with her. I still have the fuel consumption issue...currently dropped 2 bars at 80 miles. 

Do you think i may have a worn engine?

Could it be the back box?

The last time I had burning smell inside my aygo (MMT) was when the actuator for the MMT started to malfunction and had to be finally changed. Luckily I had Toyotas quality guarantee for used vehicle still remaining when that happened so changed at no cost to me.

11 hours ago, rajivrattna said:

The last time I had burning smell inside my aygo (MMT) was when the actuator for the MMT started to malfunction and had to be finally changed. Luckily I had Toyotas quality guarantee for used vehicle still remaining when that happened so changed at no cost to me.

Thank you. Today she drove fine, admittedly my other half was driving it, he recons it  might have been clutch burn, i do sit in 3rd gear all the time, its not my fault, my Aygo feels like its going to cut out, hence i rev more and hence ride the clutch, he on the other hand handles it near perfect. I still feel as if i my back box is gone i.e deteriorated inside, at 450.00 for a new tte one, i cant afford it, any ideas of cheaper aftermarket ones that are of just as good quality to original and dont sound too boy racerish lol.

sam

if you think you have a worn engine have a compression test carried out on the car

you can buy them and do the test yourself.

this is what you need to complete a test

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Automotive-Petrol-Engine-Compression-Tester-Test-Kit-Gauge-Car-Motorcycle/302922902424?hash=item46879cab98:g:jNgAAOSwhBhbxY1L