Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis engine mount

niko33

Hi

I started similar topic some time before but there was no answere and now i am going different way.

Since i was having problem with strange sound when changing gears i changed the mount under gearbox and it did not help,then i changed the front mount but the sound was still there.Then i bought and mounted Aisin SWT-378 clutch kit - conversion to singlemass flywheel,and a new(stronger front mount-because the original was on M14 and the new one had m10 bolts and softer rubber - i purchased a stronger mount and modified it to be mounted with M14 bolt(Fabest mount for petrol 2,0engine))

The sound when changing gear is gone,it changes very soft,no extra vibrations when idle but there is now one even bigger problem: in the range of 1800-2100 rpm when i floor the gas pedal(in any gear)the car is vibrating a lot.And i remember when i made the first change of front mount i got little vibrations on the same range - could one mount be the reason for vibrations - and the main problem is that i dont have the original mount no more and i cant find nowhere to buy it....

Sorry for my bad english and long post - any help would be good - especialy if enyone had mounted the new conversion kit..

I'm not sure which model of Avensis you have or what year but I know on the old T22s I have owned there is a harmonic dampner on front and rear mounts.
When you fitted the stronger front mount was there a dampner on it already, it usually looks like an odd round piece of black metal with a rubberised centre through which it is bolted onto rhe mount.

I replaced the front one on my Avensis so once I post this I'll have a look for a photo or two I took and post them, see if you have one on your mounts.

My mistake - Avensis T25 2007 D4D diesel 93KW - and i dont think that there was anithing on the mont ,it looked like this but the original had bigger hole and "stronger " rubber

s-l225.jpg

• Like 1

One idea - I am not sure that we fitted the mount on the riht side.The artistic blue arow is pointing on the side closer to engine and i think that it shoul be mounted on the other side so that it can "work". Any ideas??

FreshPaint-0-2018.11.17-07.24.11.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok

The vibrations solved - almoust zero now.Yesterday they took the cluth kit dow and mount it again and when the kit was down thej tooked some photos - you dont need to be the doctor and to see where is the problem - look on whitch side do the markings go on the midle presure plate on the photo and how do they supose to go!!

IMG_20181129_110957.jpg

SWT-387.png

c.jpg

• 7 months later...
Hi, I read your posts and ask you for help. I have just installed the aisin swt-378 kit in question on a Rav 4 and I have problems with abnormal drying on the 1200 1600 rpm.
I did not understand what your assembly mistake had been, you could explain it better, I would have been a great help. Thank you
Antonio (Italy)

14 minutes ago, Antonio Lenzini said:

Hi, I read your posts and ask you for help. I have just installed the aisin swt-378 kit in question on a Rav 4 and I have problems with abnormal drying on the 1200 1600 rpm.
I did not understand what your assembly mistake had been, you could explain it better, I would have been a great help. Thank you
Antonio (Italy)

Problem was that they installed the part incorrectly. From the post it looks like the middle pressure plate was installed wrongly, that is why he put the picture of the correct parts in order.

From the post it looks like they just flipped the middle part around and it was fine.

Today a new mechanic is assembling my car, I hope you find the problem because otherwise I will be forced to mount a new clutch with dual-mass flywheel. Current noise is not acceptable.
I also wrote to Aisin Europe but they say it never happened to him.

As soon as you know something, I'll let you know. Meanwhile, thanks for the very interesting news and the registration to your forum ... Greetings to all those registered by Italy

• 1 month later...

The Aisin set is in a Carton box - the vibrations came back second day.

I had put a new dualmass flywheel with clutch kit and all is ok now.

The reclamation from the seller was not accepted.

Only if there were more off us to make a point that they are no good!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links