Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noah with automatic Wheelchair wheels

JONJAZ1956

Hi everyone, I am a new member who is in the process of buying a 2002 Noah fitted with a passenger seat that can be powered out of the car which then becomes a wheelchair.   I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this system.  I have bought an english translation of the owners hand book but cannot find any reference to the wheelchair seat.

The system is like this one I found on youtube

Hi John...welcome.

There are some Estimas with a similar facility (though not  necessarily a full wheelchair)...but my guess is they are all aftermarket fits so wouldn't appear in any handbook.

A56-Toyota-Estima-Disabled-015-640x456.jpg

Hi Neil,  I pick up the car next wednesday so I will be able to take an in depth look at then.  I was told by 2/3 dealers that the cars fitted with these systems Elgands, Voxy, Alphards etc were factory fitted by Autech?

You may well be right, John...it was purely an assumption on my part.

Enjoy the Noah.!

Welcome to the forum Jon, ask one othe dealers if they can get you an instruction manual of the system. Or at least get the address of the company they say fits them and make inquiries. A chap named Mike I think on the TEOC forum had either an Estima or an Alphard fitted with one but I don't think he's on this forum. Enjoy your Noah mate.

Hi Tony yes I will ask them and as a backup I am going to send a message to Toyota UK and Toyota Japan.

I am looking forward to my first imported Toyota I have been to Japan twice recently and love their quirky and practical cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have now had my Noah for over a week and so far so good everything works even the wheelchair.  I have replaced the tyres with Michelin Crossclimates and it feels much better on the road.

It is very easy to drive very quiet and smooth but it likes a drink! My local mechanic Martin has given it the once over and suggested that I change both front shockers brake discs and pads so I am now looking for part numbers and suppliers.

I have replaced the wheelchair front wheels with solid tyre wheels from ROSS Castors in Leicester great service product and price.

Thanks for all your comments

Kind Regards

Jon