Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beginning to get acquainted with my hybrid

Brian1208

I'm into my second week with my 2015 Icon hybrid and finding it great fun after my Vauxhall 1.4 SE auto.

I think I'm also getting the hang of driving it as I'm seeing 60.7mpg average when driving mixed motorway, local and suburban routes, keeping to the max speed limits (driving at but not exceeding them whenever safe to do so). Best average so far, 97.4 mpg for a short local trip with the engine fully warmed before setting off

Its one of the most relaxing cars I've driven in my 60 odd years of driving 🙂 

• Like 3

I find hybrids less stressful, we had a 2013 Yaris for a couple of year. Plus the original Auris hybrid, both cars were traded in against a Auris TS.
No longer needed 2 cars, plus the bigger load space was a must.

My only gripe with Yaris was gear selector, when compared to the Auris or Prius which have the joystick style. That’s just down to personal choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Absolutely agree that the car is relaxing.  A delight to drive and very fast off the mark, as well as a brilliant stress-free overtaker.  Foot down, and instant woosh!  🙂

Mick.

• Like 1

Another advantage to brag about, is using less fuel than diesel drivers. Before my first hybrid, I had a 1.8 petrol verso and 55-60 litres would take me about 430 miles. Now 35 litres takes me 430-495+ miles, probably more if I am willing to change my driving style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1