Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust modification

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

It normally smokes a whole lot more...like clouds@

Hi all

Another quick update...had my tte tail piece welded on this morning..looks better than it did prior.

Car drives sweet.

For once i cant wait to fill up again...see what miles i get.

For now its just excessive smoking, maybe its normal, who knows, looks like thick vapour..not all the time though.

Touch wood all goes well.

you may find that the exhaust is really wet inside due to your exhaust not breathing properly

and it might be drying itself so this maybe the vapour your seeing

just keep checking the coolant levels and see how it goes over the next few weeks

3 hours ago, eygo said:

you may find that the exhaust is really wet inside due to your exhaust not breathing properly

and it might be drying itself so this maybe the vapour your seeing

just keep checking the coolant levels and see how it goes over the next few weeks

Chees Eygo

why would my exhaust not breathe properly though?

if the old back box has become blocked then condensation can build up

inside the exhaust system with replacing some of the exhaust you

may find that any condensation still present is now venting off as vapour / steam

Beena couple of days since my exhaust transplant...

put it this way, i cant believe that ive been driving her for just over a year now in that condition.

she drives like a dream right now, feels like there is alot more pressure in her, before i struggled to unchoke her constantly so as to speak, touch wood, she stays like this...all she needed was a back box...but got treated to a new cat and sensors to resolve the issue...all good.

i look forward to seeing how many miles i get in this full tanker!!

8 hours ago, Chopstick Racing said:

Keep us posted!

Definitely matey...

First posting will be my miles achieved on this full tank!

400 would make me happy lol

On 12/14/2018 at 5:41 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Definitely matey...

First posting will be my miles achieved on this full tank!

400 would make me happy lol

Thats about what i get out of mine.

• 1 year later...
On 11/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Guys...i really need some help here please.

Basically, as some of you may already be aware of, ive had an issue with excessive smoke from my exhaust and very high fuel consumption since ownership of my tiny Aygo in January 2017, its always niggled me as to what the problem was, some forumsters recommended a rolling test but i cant afford one, we’ve already installed a brand new genuine toyota cat and 2 sensors thinking that was the problem, and prior to that had our centre tte backbox welded in a few places, which slightly imprived things but recently we seem to be back to square one, especially with the fuel issue, currently getting 45 miles a notch.

Anyway, booked my car into my local Kwikfit this morning for a free backbox check, my hearts been telling me for awhile that it is the backbox causing my problems, only at 450.00+ for a new tte one i definitely cant afford that. The kwikfit guy confirmed the backbox is definitely shot and leaking in many places.

So, i need to replace it. I figure i have 2 options:

1. I could buy an after market Sportex exhaust off ebay 140.00...its centred in the middle, twin pipes, no idea how it’ll sit on or within the tte lower skirt we have, but it sounds terrible on the youtube vids specifically fitted to an Aygo like mine.

2. I buy a normal Aygo backbox, and modify it, by chopping the end pipe off both boxes and welding my tte end back onto the new box, hence voiding any warranty AND AND AND finding a way around the difference in diameter of the pipes because im almost certain the tte box has larger pipes.

Woooh...so what do you guys think? Im desperate to get this fixed prior to any snow falls soon🤯

Hi I’ve been looking at the price of these rear boxed &they are stupidly expensive look on flee bay 

Might I suggest than FB , there is a "modding" group for aygos.  Quits a few have fitted different exhausts.it's part  of the "Toyota aygo owners" group.

2 hours ago, gotagetz said:

Might I suggest than FB , there is a "modding" group for aygos.  Quits a few have fitted different exhausts.it's part  of the "Toyota aygo owners" group.

Hi, by FB, do you mean via Facebook?

How would I find them?

Just be aware that it is against forum rules to refer members to other owners groups, etc.

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just be aware that it is against forum rules to refer members to other owners groups, etc.

i dont understand why this rule is in place

i thought the whole point of having a forum is to help other owners

so just because the required help is on another group you would then

prefer the TOC member to struggle with their vehicle

why does it matter where the info comes from as long as the info helps a member

then thats should be all that matters.

The rule is in place to stop other owners groups using this club as a recruitment medium. This does happen fairly frequently - such topics quickly get deleted and the posters may either get warnings, have their future posts go through an approval process before being displayed on the website, or are banned.

Sorry about that, it's not a problem on uksaabs or renaultforums.  Won't do it again.

1 hour ago, gotagetz said:

Sorry about that, it's not a problem on uksaabs or renaultforums.  Won't do it again.

Go to the back of the class and look at the blackboard, don't turn around until you are told too. 😫

Wrist's truly slapped.  Think a revision of rules could be on order.  I wonder if I was on Facebook and said "there's a Toyota forum" don't think that would be frowned upon. 

Moderators on Toyota Owners Club apply the rules in a fairly relaxed way.

The main difference between this site and some other groups, be they Facebook or whatever, is that this site, along with other Auto Club sites (eg Ford Owners Club) is part of a business, and there is a degree of site protection within the rules. Other forums (eg Honest John - now part of Heycars) also have similar rules, but apply these in different, sometimes more stringent, ways.

At the end of the day, the forum rules are agreed to when one signs up to be a member.

Back to the topic subject - exhaust modification - please.

Sorry gotagetz, I didnt mean to get anyone into trouble, I was unaware of such a rule even existed, apologies again. 

P.s I've never been a fan of f.b !

No one's got into trouble.