Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris MY2016 - "Noddy" car horn

Davemswift

Hey all

Is it just me or is the horn on these cars pathetic!  Not that I'm driving around with my hand planted on it, but needed to use it today and I can't see how it would have alerted anyone!

Has anyone replaced theirs/any recommendations?

Thanks!

Does your profile need updating to include the Auris?

You are right Dave. I am soooooo  embarrassed that I now actually put my head out of the drivers window and shout beep beep.🤣

• Haha 1

I totally agree, it was the first thing I did when I got my Auris.

I got a pair (high & low tone) of second hand Avensis horns off eBay (e.g: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153165393620)
I chose these as they were a direct replacement as far as wiring and mounting is concerned. If you check your existing horn you will see that there is a bolt hole on the other side of the existing horn mount to take a second bracket/horn. You just need to make up a y-splitter type cable for the power using some short lengths of cable and crimp spade connectors so that you can daisy chain the power to the second horn.

Have a look here for pictures:

I only use my car horn once a year and that's just before the MoT!

On 11/16/2018 at 5:35 PM, garethpaul said:

I got a pair (high & low tone) of second hand Avensis horns off ebay (e.g: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153165393620)
I chose these as they were a direct replacement as far as wiring and mounting is concerned. If you check your existing horn you will see that there is a bolt hole on the other side of the existing horn mount to take a second bracket/horn. You just need to make up a y-splitter type cable for the power using some short lengths of cable and crimp spade connectors so that you can daisy chain the power to the second horn.

Is this the same for the Facelift Auris Touring ( 2015) . the Horn is shocking to be honest , I think the  dog breaks wind louder 🙂

• Haha 1

Hi Steve. Would it be possible to borrow your dog.🤣🤣🤣😂

21 hours ago, Bob110023 said:

Hi Steve. Would it be possible to borrow your dog.🤣🤣🤣😂

LOL image.thumb.png.71ec9cb4999da74b8c3e2bdb61c6e830.png

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, stevecrvn said:

Is this the same for the Facelift Auris Touring ( 2015) . the Horn is shocking to be honest , I think the  dog breaks wind louder 🙂

I'm not sure, but I doubt it would be much difference.

I have managed to get to the horn as with a bit of jiggling about the plastic trim above the grill can be moved to allow access to the horn . I gave found that the wire going to the single horn looks very thin . Will this be a problem if i fit the dual horns off a avensis or another Toyota 

1 hour ago, stevecrvn said:

I have managed to get to the horn as with a bit of jiggling about the plastic trim above the grill can be moved to allow access to the horn . I gave found that the wire going to the single horn looks very thin . Will this be a problem if i fit the dual horns off a avensis or another Toyota 

The horn is protected by a 10amp fuse. According to the net, the stock Toyota horns draw 4amps, so using two would still be within the limit.

If you were going to use air-horns or similar, then you would need to use a relay and dedicated power feed.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 11:02 AM, garethpaul said:

The horn is protected by a 10amp fuse. According to the net, the stock Toyota horns draw 4amps, so using two would still be within the limit.

If you were going to use air-horns or similar, then you would need to use a relay and dedicated power feed.

Gareth . Thats great thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 5:35 PM, garethpaul said:

I got a pair (high & low tone) of second hand Avensis horns off ebay (e.g: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153165393620)

I failed to get the Grill off my Mk2 facelift , but I found if you take all the clips and the one bolt out the top plastic panel can jiggled about and made to flip up . It cannot be removed fully due to a bolt bracket. I was able to access the horn and replace with a pair of low and high tone horns. I did not cut the wiring on the car but made a jump lead that fitted into the original horn connector. Works really well no more Noddy Horn.