Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any performance panel filters not K&n?

Ben93

I'm after a performance panel filter for my e12 d4d 2 litre I don't want a K&n but are there any others that someone would reccomend I'm making minor modifications to the car and so far so good. Custom exhaust so far cold air feed to box now Comes from the front grill instead with duct up to the air box I just don't want a K&an oiled filter but a decent performance one still.

I think that it is more likely to be a case of who actually makes a filter to suit e.g. Pipercross don't. ITG perhaps?

p.s. I don't think that it's likely to make much difference to performance but will probably change the sound.

just want a high flow filter now I've rerouted cold air feed. It won't make difference in sound it's still gonna be in air box just a panel filter they don't make a cone filter for the d4d the mafs in air box and no one makes a pipe that fits the maf.

Pipercross are 2/3 the price of a K&N filter. Personally, I don't think these are any better than a standard filter because it will still clog up with particulates as the air passes through, and the faster the air passes through the quicker they clog up. There are cheaper performance air filters like Simota now which do just as good a job and are half the price of K&N. Sure you can wash and re-spray the coating on these high cost performance air filters, but it just ends up costing more and more in its maintenance. I stick with a standard filter and found Blueprint cheap and effective, with good air-flow.

Hi,

Sounds like you have lowered the height of the air inlet if its now by the front grill, are you sure it will not allow lots of water / moisture to be taken up  ?

Always replace my air filter once a year, even good quality ones like Blueprint are cheap enough if you shop around, as DeTomato mentions.

K&N do a standard air box filter for the Diesel and  say you only need clean them at  up to 50k miles intervals.

My only concern about a high flow filter of any type, is will it adversely affect the engines performance at all, seem to remember seeing some forum posts about folk having such troubles when using them...?

• Like 1