Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Impossible to update Sat Nav in 2013 Auris Touring Sport

Wolds White

I have been told by Vantage Toyota at York that it is impossible to upgrade my SatNav software and maps in my 2013 Auris Touring Sports. The software version is 2.7.4L and map ID is EUL20121019. They say they can only update version 2 satnav and mine is version 1. I know people will tell me I can do this myself but I am reluctant to pay £150 ish cost to download only to find it does not work. I do not see why I cannot pay an hourly rate for someone to do it for me, but they refuse. 

Is there anyway or anyone or any place local to me in York that can do this or is the only way to update the software is to change my car?

here  is a you tube link for updating the touch & go sat nav system

Thanks Mark,

But I am not throwing away £120 downloading the update when I have been told by Vantage Toyota in York that they are unable to do it. If they can’t do it there is no way I can do it, it’s my money down the drain.

I appreciate your reply and link though. 👍

Andy

I don't know why your dealer is saying that they can't do it, maybe find another dealer that can?

The map update for Touch & Go is £109 (the dealer would charge labour on top of this) & I am sure that you are capable of doing it yourself .

https://toyota.naviextras.com/shop/portal/howto-guide?guide=Toolbox

vantage probably cant be bothered downloading the update

as no one else can use the pc whilst the update is being prepared

for your vehicle.

the update for the touch & go 2 is on a Micro sd card so all they

have to do is swap the cards over jobs done ,this makes me think

they just want the easy life and cant be bothered if it means

they have to then earn there money by doing some work.

The same argument would go for a dealer downloading an update for Touch 2 with Go from Toyota (are you sure that T2wG comes as a microSD card as they would then [at least on an Avensis] have to transfer it to an USB stick to install?).

The dealer can also order the update for T&G from Toyota as an USB memory stick (or at least they used to be able to).

The original Touch & Go is updated via download to USB there is no SD card fitted.

There is also no reason why the dealer cannot update the car, they would however have to download the update file, transfer it to a suitable USB and order a license key ( chargeable to customer ) 

There also no reason why the update cannot be done by the OP using the method shown in the video above.

The latest software / mapset is now 2.18.0##

Thanks for all the suggestions. But, I point blank refuse to do this myself, out of principle. If I am willing to pay the extra, I still cannot understand why they are telling me it cannot be done on my older model Auris 2013 Touring Sport.

As some of you suggest, I need to try a different dealer.

Thanks everyone!

Andy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links