Sign in to follow this  
Dolskis

Avensis T25 board computer

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. First, I wanna apologize if I make some mistakes, because I don't write something in English for a long time :D 

Okay, so I have got Avensis T25, 2006 years but pre fl model. I have board computer on my navigation display, but I wanna ask. Can I put FL model instrument cluster, and there make the BC work? Mine cluster right now, has only clock below the RPM, so I wanna put the FL model cluster with bigger display, which door is open, and etc. I have got DISP button on my steering wheel, so what more I need? Or this is impossible? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi there mate! I'm interested in this as well.

I would love to have the extra storage space from the facelift where my current computer is now so I have a place to put my sunglasses but I don't wanna lose the computer functionality.

On a side note, both the mk1 and mk3 have sunglass storage space by the dome lights but the mk2 doesn't. Why they decided to drop this feature is not something I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xzirri said:

On a side note, both the mk1 and mk3 have sunglass storage space by the dome lights but the mk2 doesn't. Why they decided to drop this feature is not something I understand.

if by mk3 you mean T27 (2009>) then, no, it doesn't at least in the UK.

Going to a 2012 T27 I missed the loss of the central dash cup holder, the dash top compartment & the illuminated ring around the ignition barrel from the T25.

With the latest T27 (2015>) I miss the loss of the aux power socket where the ash tray was. Hopefully the latest Camry/Corolla & RAV4 remedy this - 1 aux power socket & 1 USB socket just doesn't cut it for cars in this day & age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. I don't like use my computer, because it's annoying, so I wanna board computer in the dashboard. So all I need is the instrument cluster, or something else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

if by mk3 you mean T27 (2009>) then, no, it doesn't at least in the UK.

Going to a 2012 T27 I missed the loss of the central dash cup holder, the dash top compartment & the illuminated ring around the ignition barrel from the T25.

With the latest T27 (2015>) I miss the loss of the aux power socket where the ash tray was. Hopefully the latest Camry/Corolla & RAV4 remedy this - 1 aux power socket & 1 USB socket just doesn't cut it for cars in this day & age.

I've attached a picture from a 2009 Avensis for sale in Norway. Isn't that a sunglass compartment by the dome lights?

3 hours ago, Dolskis said:

Well. I don't like use my computer, because it's annoying, so I wanna board computer in the dashboard. So all I need is the instrument cluster, or something else?

 

Well, the speedo will fit. The real question is whether the contacts are the same (especially the computer contacts), and if not, if one could cut and solder on a contact that would work. I guess it depends on whether or not the computers work in the same way.

Screenshot_20181126-010507.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xzirri said:

I've attached a picture from a 2009 Avensis for sale in Norway. Isn't that a sunglass compartment by the dome lights?

It appears to be - possibly a market spec. difference? - certainly neither my 2012 TSpirit or my current 2017 had/have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. So, I putted another cluster, and 2 extra wires from DISP button, and cluster and board computer WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Another thing is that the cluster is from UK version auto, and ODO shows in MILES not KM.... Is there any chance, to make it show KM, and my old ODO kilometers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a picture of the wiring?

As far as I know, you can adjust the mileage but it will show a symbol before the numbers because the mileage has been altered. That being said, I have no idea on how to change the mileage or how to make it read in KMs. It would probably have been easier to buy a non-UK spec cluster with approximately the same mileage as your car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this