Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T25 board computer

Dolskis

Hello everyone. First, I wanna apologize if I make some mistakes, because I don't write something in English for a long time :D 

Okay, so I have got Avensis T25, 2006 years but pre fl model. I have board computer on my navigation display, but I wanna ask. Can I put FL model instrument cluster, and there make the BC work? Mine cluster right now, has only clock below the RPM, so I wanna put the FL model cluster with bigger display, which door is open, and etc. I have got DISP button on my steering wheel, so what more I need? Or this is impossible? 

Hi there mate! I'm interested in this as well.

I would love to have the extra storage space from the facelift where my current computer is now so I have a place to put my sunglasses but I don't wanna lose the computer functionality.

On a side note, both the mk1 and mk3 have sunglass storage space by the dome lights but the mk2 doesn't. Why they decided to drop this feature is not something I understand.

1 hour ago, xzirri said:

On a side note, both the mk1 and mk3 have sunglass storage space by the dome lights but the mk2 doesn't. Why they decided to drop this feature is not something I understand.

if by mk3 you mean T27 (2009>) then, no, it doesn't at least in the UK.

Going to a 2012 T27 I missed the loss of the central dash cup holder, the dash top compartment & the illuminated ring around the ignition barrel from the T25.

With the latest T27 (2015>) I miss the loss of the aux power socket where the ash tray was. Hopefully the latest Camry/Corolla & RAV4 remedy this - 1 aux power socket & 1 USB socket just doesn't cut it for cars in this day & age.

Well. I don't like use my computer, because it's annoying, so I wanna board computer in the dashboard. So all I need is the instrument cluster, or something else?

7 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

if by mk3 you mean T27 (2009>) then, no, it doesn't at least in the UK.

Going to a 2012 T27 I missed the loss of the central dash cup holder, the dash top compartment & the illuminated ring around the ignition barrel from the T25.

With the latest T27 (2015>) I miss the loss of the aux power socket where the ash tray was. Hopefully the latest Camry/Corolla & RAV4 remedy this - 1 aux power socket & 1 USB socket just doesn't cut it for cars in this day & age.

I've attached a picture from a 2009 Avensis for sale in Norway. Isn't that a sunglass compartment by the dome lights?

3 hours ago, Dolskis said:

Well. I don't like use my computer, because it's annoying, so I wanna board computer in the dashboard. So all I need is the instrument cluster, or something else?

Well, the speedo will fit. The real question is whether the contacts are the same (especially the computer contacts), and if not, if one could cut and solder on a contact that would work. I guess it depends on whether or not the computers work in the same way.

Screenshot_20181126-010507.jpg

17 hours ago, xzirri said:

I've attached a picture from a 2009 Avensis for sale in Norway. Isn't that a sunglass compartment by the dome lights?

It appears to be - possibly a market spec. difference? - certainly neither my 2012 TSpirit or my current 2017 had/have one.

Hi all. So, I putted another cluster, and 2 extra wires from DISP button, and cluster and board computer WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Another thing is that the cluster is from UK version auto, and ODO shows in MILES not KM.... Is there any chance, to make it show KM, and my old ODO kilometers?

Do you have a picture of the wiring?

As far as I know, you can adjust the mileage but it will show a symbol before the numbers because the mileage has been altered. That being said, I have no idea on how to change the mileage or how to make it read in KMs. It would probably have been easier to buy a non-UK spec cluster with approximately the same mileage as your car

• 11 months later...

Hello!

Since I changed my original radio for a Android powered radio, I lost the CB information in the Navigation display. So, I bought a FL combination meter and installed in my 2003 Avensis. The meter works ok but there's no control over the display. I looked for the wiring to assign DISP button to the meter but no lucky.

Any advice?

Sorry, I know that this topic is almost a year old but maybe someone knows how to do this.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi there 🙂

So, after searching a lot, today I finally could make the computer work with the DISP button.

If someone is looking for this too, I'm glad to tell that the line that comes from the DISP button, goes to the white socket in the combination meter (C11 socket). It must be connected to the C11-7 pin and in my case, I pluged the wire in the socket (the first yellow wire next to other 3 yellow wires) that comes from the spyral in the steering wheel.

Hope this will help to someone.

• 6 months later...

Just wondering, how does the computer in the speedo get the data without the wires that go to the original center console computer?

• 1 month later...

The wires are there, even on the prefacelift version that comes without the display on the meter. Maybe they tough of that when building the wiring schemes

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2020 at 10:02 PM, doc_14 said:

Hi there 🙂

So, after searching a lot, today I finally could make the computer work with the DISP button.

If someone is looking for this too, I'm glad to tell that the line that comes from the DISP button, goes to the white socket in the combination meter (C11 socket). It must be connected to the C11-7 pin and in my case, I pluged the wire in the socket (the first yellow wire next to other 3 yellow wires) that comes from the spyral in the steering wheel.

Hope this will help to someone.

Can you try to explain it again?

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2020 at 7:23 PM, AvensisT250 said:

Can you try to explain it again?

Hello. Yes. I apollogize for the delay but I was away for a long time.

Here's the deal:

On the back of the combination meter, you have 2 sockets. One blue and one white. The C11 is the white socket. The image that I attached have the sockets faced towards you. You have to insert a wire in that space or eventually a pin to make contact and then you have to bring the wire to the steering wheel.

1148423688_painelinstrumentos.thumb.png.6a77dbeaded653de3335b12aa0cb293c.png

Near the ignition switch there's a socket like this:

C14.png.a3282ea8448b4cb63d96c101d5a92d75.png

In this socket (or a socket almost like this) you have to connect the wire that came from the combination meter and there's 4 yellow wires. The first (I think) is the cable that makes the contact when you press the DISP button. I can't be sure about the correct wire here since it was 347 days ago 😆 but if you have a multimeter, put that in continuity mode and press the button, connecting one plug to the connector and the one to the ground. If that does not make continuity, put in resistance mode and you should have a reading. Some avensis have continuity, others have resistence.

Hope this will help.

Any question, just ask 😊