Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange noise when pulling off

bluerav4

Had some new discs and pads fitted on the Rav. Pagid for both pads and discs from eurocarparts. Prior to this I never had any noise when pulling off but now the pads and discs have been replaced I get it. Is it possible it’s related? Prior to this the only noise was a slight squeak when braking but that’s all gone now. It’s like a sort of high pitched noise only when pulling off. I’ve had it back at the garage and Sod’s law it did t do it whilst they checked it. 

The Pagid discs are coated and it will take a couple of hundred miles for the discs and pads to bed in fully. If the noise continues after this - the garage will need to check the brakes. Specifically check that the sliding pins are moving freely, the anti rattle shims are fitted and the pad slides are lubricated with Ceratec.

Thank you for your reply everything seems ok. I e got a long run to Derby and back over weekend so hopefully clears up by then

Maybe your dust shield plate rubbing on the disc, just bend the plate a little so that its not rubbing or could be a loose road stone that's got stuck in the disc.

jack the car up and spin the wheel to see if anything is rubbing.

I had a stone stuck once in the brake pad and it was touching the disc and made a squeaking noise just a thought.

Hope you sort it soon 👍

Edited by Wheel2Turn
Missed words out sorry but that's because I'm dyslexia

it’s stopped by itself so. Oil depots been a stone or what gjnorthall suggested. It is booked in for Tuesday just in case it comes back but at the moment it seems fine now