Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iQ owner new to TOC

rogeratendale

Hi I am new to the Toyota Owners Club but not to Toyotas. I am now on my third iQ and have had two Aygo's before that. I will have to keep this one but as it has only done 17,000 miles in four years I don't think that will be a problem with an extended warranty! Took it to Fish Brothers in Swindon today for the (pathetic) horn to be fixed. That's the first thing to go wrong in three iQ's and 107,000 miles in total. Not bad. I have fitted daylight running lamps and park assist sensors as well as a dash and rear camera. To be honest at the price iQ's were, those things should have been standard equipment!  Such a shame Toyota stopped making the iQ, I love 'em to bits. (My brother hates them so that must be a good recommendation)  I joined the American iQ club but they all seem to have 1300cc Scion iQ's that they want to customise or make go faster. Will post a question about horns on one of the fora. (Get him with his Latin plurals).

Best wishes to everyone     Roger from Hungerford

Hello Roger - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The IQ ceased being imported to the UK because of low sales volumes before daytime running lights became a legal requirement on new cars.

Hello Roger

We are on our second IQ, and would buy another if they were still made.  Had a look at the latest Aygo, and it seems to be a lesser car than the IQ, both in terms of space and quality.  So we have to keep the IQ going.  Not a problem really.  It has been super reliable and now it's on the silver and gold service regime, very cheap to run!  We have a C-HR and a GT86, so the IQ does the town and supermarket trips mostly, but it is too convenient to have around for us to trade it in.

Enjoy your IQ !!

Hate to disagree on my first post but that is not strictly true. Daylight Running Lights became compulsory on all newly Type Approved  models in the UK on 7th February 2011.                          They had been compulsory in the EU since  2008 ( 2008/89/EC). The UK was prosecuted by the EU for insisting that "Dim/Dip" was the same thing. The EU disagreed and from 2011 had to make DLR's mandatory. Toyota got away without fitting them on the grounds that the iQ was Type Approved before that date (2011) and had not been submitted for re-approval (i.e. if substantial changes had been made meaning the original TA was no longer valid). They therefore did not have to fit DLR's and didn't until they ceased production in 2014/15. Sorry but my original point stands, they did not fit DLR's because they cost more, and as they weren't mandatory they saved cash.

Yes DRL's were compulsory on new Type Approvals from 2011. However, they became compulsory on ALL new cars first registered after November 2014 - and it was this date I was referring to in my post.