rogeratendale

Horn on an iQ

Just taken my iQ in to Fish Brothers in Swindon because the horn sounded like someone was strangling a cat. They said it was off tune and corrected it and it is better but still pathetic. The horn inside the engine bay is apparently for the alarm, not a two horn system (I think) Can anyone tell me whether it is supposed have two horns or one horn (behind the grille) and an alarm sounder in the engine compartment?  Fish Brothers seem confused on this.

18 minutes ago, rogeratendale said:

Just taken my iQ in to Fish Brothers in Swindon because the horn sounded like someone was strangling a cat. They said it was off tune and corrected it and it is better but still pathetic. The horn inside the engine bay is apparently for the alarm, not a two horn system (I think) Can anyone tell me whether it is supposed have two horns or one horn (behind the grille) and an alarm sounder in the engine compartment?  Fish Brothers seem confused on this.

They are correct the one in the engine bay is for the alarm and the one behind the bumper is the horn. Mine is useless as well but as it's not easy to get to I haven't done anything about it:sad:

2 horns would have been much better but they add weight and cost...……..

The horn under the bonnet is the bleeper that sounds when you try and lock the doors with the fob inside the car. There is a single horn behind the bumper, that is the actual horn and alarm call. I know this as I swapped that one for an air horn, and I have a very loud alarm as well as horn.

Thanks guys, that's what I suspected. I may swap my "horn" for something a little more audible!