Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4D 2009 T27 estate 150bhp

Sean50

Hi All ,

My toyota T27 has started running poorly and lossing power , running rough only when the engine is up to temperature , does anyone one have any idea waht could be causing the problem only 62,500 mile .

Hi Sean, I think that you are going to have to provide a better description ... Any warning lights coming on? 

No nothing at allhad a machnic plug in a device but nothing showed up.

Im no expert here, but have you changed your fuel station recently? My other half has only ever run his T27 2.0 diesel on Shell regular or Shell nitro. 

Have you considered running an additive through it maybe?

Thanks Scott will talk to the machanic again and see what he has come up with also he read the device npothing showed he thought injectors 2&4 that they may be a problem with but nothing showed on his computor. i am doing samll milage at the moment fill the car up the other day drove 3 miles car flying on the return it started running rough and at a certain time rattles and loses power.

5 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

check/clean egr/scv perhaps?

Definitely agree with Heidfirst, hubby did this, and made a world of difference, although i think it could do with another one after all his short runs and cold spells.

How often is it recommended that this procedure is done out of curiosity???

Hello,

It would really help if you noted down all the symptoms in correct order of appearance, and the conditions at which they occur.

You mentioned that there's no power once the car is warmed up. So there are no issues when it's cold or only warming up? Then first clean the EGR, it's a simple job but it has to be done correctly, the valve stem needs to be rotated while cleaning, going over everything with a toothbrush, etc.

You also mentioned rough running and rattling. What does the rough running mean? Only at idle? RPMs jumping?

Also if you could find a video with a similar noise from the engine it would greatly help. Diesels can knock, tap, thump, tick, rattle, and a bunch of other sounds. It's very important to precisely note the sound it's making, and whether it's following RPMs, or maybe it's disappearing after, say, 1200RPM.

The rattling is outside the normal running of the engine the rpm are hesitant and then clear only driving while engine is cold at the moment until problem is diagnosed for fear of damage