Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Toyota dash cam

rushy45

Has anyone had one of the new dash cams fitted by Toyota, just wondered how much they cost and if they can be fitted to a 2013 auris

afaik it's a standard Nextbase commercial system - there shouldn't be any problems fitting it to an Auris. I believe it is £250.

Other systems may offer more features/be better value.

I bought a Nextbase and fitted it myself to my 2014 auris at the time and much cheaper. Yes it’s not hard wired in but enough cable to hide the wire around the windscreen and door and plug into 12v. However if you need the 12v for something else then consider hard wire as Battery on camera does not last long once disconnected

Hi. I to purchased a Nextbase from eBay brand new complete with a hard wire fitting kit. I fitted myself into the fuse box behind the glove box and concealed the wiring behind the doortrim rubber. It was a really easy straight forward job taking approx 15 to 20 minutes. Total cost £59.99.

13 hours ago, Chriss27 said:

I bought a Nextbase and fitted it myself to my 2014 auris at the time and much cheaper. Yes it’s not hard wired in but enough cable to hide the wire around the windscreen and door and plug into 12v. However if you need the 12v for something else then consider hard wire as battery on camera does not last long once disconnected

You can buy a longer cable from eBay for about £1.50. But I just put a cheapo USB extender cable onto mine and ran it under the floor mats so that it now runs off the rear seat 12v socket instead of the dashboard socket. Mine's a Nextbase 412GW, BTW - about £95.

Running the cable around the top of the windscreen is no bother at all - it slips invisibly under the headlining, and then across the door pillar and downward under the rubber seal. The cable can sag a bit in the place where it crosses the A pillar, but a microscopic little bit of white blu-tack will hold it nicely.

Thanks for the replies, will go with getting a Nextbase, they have the 212g on special offer black friday for £59.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rushy45 said:

Thanks for the replies, will go with getting a nextbase, they have the 212g on special offer black friday for £59.

Hi,

Your comment caught my eye, as had been looking at these cameras, but the 212G seems a bit odd as its not clearly shown on Nextbases main screen, onle the 212, so I just used the online chat, you might find helpful,   the GPS /speed is a god extra feature to have.

001223.jpg

001224.jpg

8 hours ago, Countrylad said:

You can buy a longer cable from Ebay for about £1.50. But I just put a cheapo USB extender cable onto mine and ran it under the floor mats so that it now runs off the rear seat 12v socket instead of the dashboard socket. Mine's a Nextbase 412GW, BTW - about £95.

Running the cable around the top of the windscreen is no bother at all - it slips invisibly under the headlining, and then across the door pillar and downward under the rubber seal. The cable can sag a bit in the place where it crosses the A pillar, but a microscopic little bit of white blu-tack will hold it nicely.

Good point countrylad about running to rear 12v. Moved mine to my Rav 4 and might actually consider moving it to the rear 12v. Absolutely agree the wire is really easy to hide, I ran mine around windscreen, around the passenger door seal and under the trim to the socket. My camera is a nextbase 212g lite, not sure what the difference is between 212g, maybe just no gps but works a treat

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links