Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting issues!

phillev

I've read some posts on here about intermittent starting issues on the mk2 Aygo, apparently some people have said it was down to a loose Battery terminal issue well basically I'm in the same boat but having checked all the obvious things nothing is loose and no trouble codes stored etc but on admittedly rare occasions it takes several turns of the starter motor before it fires up. It can do it from cold or part warm but it's a persistent issue. It's a 2015 plate with 5k on the clock and other than this drives spot on under all conditions. I would chat to my dealer but they have already proved their ineptness numerous times so I'm just looking for some feedback from other owners, cheers.

My 2015 Aygo X-Pression  did this and so does my 2018 X-Clusiv. Totally random no pattern but usually when the engine is cold.   99% of the time hot or cold  the engine fires up immediately.  Then suddenly the engine turns for what seems like ages before it fires up. I might mention it next time it is in for a service but as it is rare and the car always starts it not a huge problem. As it has now happened with two Aygos  I have owned from new I put it down to a "feature".

Cheers for the reply and from what you've said on two different models with three years between each other perhaps it's just a trait of the Aygo.

This used to happen on my wife's 2006 Aygo, now sold, and also on my 2013 Aygo. Not frequent enough to worry about, as it starts fine.

Mine is a 2006 and it usually starts fine but sometimes it can be a bit awkward and I found that the solution is to turn the key to position one and wait a few seconds before turning to start

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links