Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport BHP?

DeTomato

I have a Corolla ZZE123R 1.8 VVTL-I 2003 3D three door (DHFGFW) which is the mark one 1.8 model I believe with 1796cc - it has square front fog lights without the facelift body kit.

When I search for parts as "ZZE12_" where the "R" is not an option, I generally get 2001-2007 192 BHP parts coming up but there is also listed an model option for a "_E12_" 1.8 T Sport variant with 190 BHP ?!?!? 

Complectation Engine Production
period
Characteristics
Body Grade Transm. Options
ZZE123R DHFGFW 2ZZGE 11.2001 - 02.2007 HB TSP MTM 6F UKP RHD 3D TWC  -> my car?
ZZE123R DHFGFW 2ZZGE 11.2001 - 05.2004 HB TSP MTM 6F UKP RHD 5D TWC  

There is no manual for the T Sport VVTL-I :unsure:

Does anyone please have any ideas or ways I can check specifically the BHP for my T Sport Corolla so I can obtain correct parts?

With Thanks.

Your best bet will probably be the VIN. I know there are a couple of dudes active here who can check your VIN, but you can try it yourself in a few VIN check sites and see if that gives you anything.

Also I've run into a similar issue where some sites stated 116bhp and some - 114. I think there's even difference between HP and BHP.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree. There is a lot of problems with the engine mix and match variants on web sites. It can mean buying the wrong parts occasionally which is frustrating. Do you know of any official web sites that can tell the spec and BHP specifically? I've asked Toyota directly. Hopefully getting back to me next week because they don't even know!

So I provided VIN and Reg to Toyota who advised the following:

- power output of this engine is 147 kw @7800 rpm. This equates to 197.13 bhp.

What? So its greater than the original manufacturers specifications of 190 BHP or 192 BHP for the VVTL-I variants?

Now I am really confused :confused:

5 hours ago, DeTomato said:

So I provided VIN and Reg to Toyota who advised the following:

- power output of this engine is 147 kw @7800 rpm. This equates to 197.13 bhp.

What? So its greater than the original manufacturers specifications of 190 BHP or 192 BHP for the VVTL-I variants?

Now I am really confused :confused:

PM Me the VIN I will check for you

Kingo 

• Like 1

Thanks Parts-King. But, I just received the following from Toyota Customer Service after a re-query:

"I can confirm that your vehicle is the 190 bhp variant"

It appears the VVTL-I to 2004 pre-facelift is 190 BHP. Thereafter it is 192 BHP (unless you have the Compressor which is oodles more)

Honestly not worried about the 2 BHP difference if it gets to 197.13 bhp at 7800 rpm as Toyota stated :thumbsup: 

Now I can order the correct parts for my 190 BHP variant.