Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CVT life

negativepitch

Well it's been over a year since I was lat on here and we still not get around to buying anything.

So round two.

Since I know nothing about the cvt gearbox (within limits) what is the kind of life does it have.

I come back to this car as we have just ordered a vw T Roc only to find that they are having problems with the 1.00 clutches burning out at anything as early as 300 miles. The same is used on the Ateca and they are also having the same problems.

That along with two other well known problems they were having on the m2 tiguans which resulted me in rejecting ours (along with three other members) I would have thought it would have all been sorted by now but appears not.

Any, that's enough of that.

So back to my original question.

Thanks for any replies.

On another slight note. I have read that Nissan are changing their cvt gear boxes and was another reason for me asking.

Assuming you are referring to the Yaris hybrid CVT - it is almost bomb proof as there are no moving parts except the continually oil drenched and meshed gears. The cars have no belts to snap and all pumps (water, aircon, steering, brake assistance) are electric.

Check this out for more CVT info:

CVT video

Depends which Yaris the question is on - the petrol CVT or the hybrid e-CVT

Just buy anyToyota hybrid, the engineering seems top notch, and that includes hybrid CVT. The Prius hybrid has been in use 19 years in the uk, and you dont read of any problems with CVT as far as I know.

Just buy anyToyota hybrid, the engineering seems top notch, and that includes hybrid CVT. The Prius hybrid has been in use 19 years in the uk, and you dont read of any problems with CVT as far as I know.

Don’t hear of many problems with hybrids full stop [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/24/2018 at 4:06 PM, Anthony Poli said:

Don’t hear of many problems with hybrids full stop emoji3.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks very much.

Don't think of the Toyota/Lexus Hybrids as having a gearbox in the conventional sense. The "gears" are there only to connect the ICE and electric motors to the wheels, there are no different gear ratios etc, there's not even a reverse (the traction electric motors direction is reversed to go backwards. Very early versions did have a chain to connect the motors to the diff but they are now all gear driven. This makes them virtually bomb proof.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links