Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Auris 2.2 D-CAT loud rattle


mravikt
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

My car started making this loud rattling sound yesterday out of the blue. Anyone experienced something similar? The car works fine, no power loss or anything whatsoever...

Any idea?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Video here

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, TAF said:

Oh man mines literally just started making the same noise - vid here under the engine cover (if it loads correctly?)

Anyone have an idea what it is? Mine is a 57reg t180 with 122 on the clock

F76F887D-6B69-4A6F-A1EC-A976FCBFBB65.MOV

Holy... That sounds even worse than mine. Mine has almost 200k. Still the original injectors, glow plugs, etc.. I guess they have to wear out at one point. I'll plug the car onto a diagnostic computer tomorrow at work. Maybe it'll tell us something further. Does it increase with the rpm raising?

Google Hilux death rattle on YouTube. That sounds similar too, and it's caused by a cracked piston. Hopefully that's not our case. Fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, mravikt said:

Holy... That sounds even worse than mine. Mine has almost 200k. Still the original injectors, glow plugs, etc.. I guess they have to wear out at one point. I'll plug the car onto a diagnostic computer tomorrow at work. Maybe it'll tell us something further. Does it increase with the rpm raising?

Google Hilux death rattle on YouTube. That sounds similar too, and it's caused by a cracked piston. Hopefully that's not our case. Fingers crossed.

Ha ha! Don’t get too happy, the engine cover muffles a lot of the noise so yours is prob just as bad! Lol

Me thinks it’s the injector seals! If you take your cover off, you should see diesel splattered around one of them and that’s your problem one! Apparently there is a copper seal that fails 😩

Good thing this engine is used in various other models as well as the Lexus! Loadsa people write up about it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TAF said:

Out also have deisel / exhaust type smell coming in from the air vents 🥴 - that’s another symptom 

I just went down to car to check.

I don't really see any splatters around them. One looks a little different, but that doesnt seem like anything fresh. Looks more like oil spilled a while ago during changing it. The exhaust gas smell I get sometimes, but only when parking in reverse. I think it comes from outside as the reversing car goes through the diesel exhaust fume cloud it creates.

If indeed the injector seal is the culprit, does it mean a replacement or just replacing the gasket?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mravikt said:

I just went down to car to check.

I don't really see any splatters around them. One looks a little different, but that doesnt seem like anything fresh. Looks more like oil spilled a while ago during changing it. The exhaust gas smell I get sometimes, but only when parking in reverse. I think it comes from outside as the reversing car goes through the diesel exhaust fume cloud it creates.

If indeed the injector seal is the culprit, does it mean a replacement or just replacing the gasket?

Mmmm I thought it’d be the same - I’m planning on pulling the injector out quick clean and just replacing the seals hopefully that’ll be the end of it- you can see on my video blatantly which one it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the smell - mine comes and goes but it’s only when I have the heat on and have the air come from outside ie not recirculating the air in the cabin - it’s proper fume type smell can’t be mistaken for anything outside

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TAF said:

Mmmm I thought it’d be the same - I’m planning on pulling the injector out quick clean and just replacing the seals hopefully that’ll be the end of it- you can see on my video blatantly which one it is.

Yes, it's very obvious which one 🙂 Mine looks like a desert compared to that, at least for now. I'll update tomorrow after the diagnostics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership