Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Touring Sports 2016 brake light replacement

Mr. O

Hi folks.

It has been two years and four months without replacing anything. Had only been servicing, washing and enjoy driving.

Two days ago it all begun in 60k KM when my rear left wheel started squeaking in low speed. Took it in to the DEALER. Result brakes needing brake maintenance. Thank G it wasn’t wheel bearing (brake pads and discs seemed okay even after 60k KM.). After they cleaned and polished the brakes with grease. The problem is SOLVED.

Now today someone just informed me my two rear brake lights are burnt. Unscrewed the two bolts holding the tail light housing but I can’t get to take it out. I have history of breaking things. I can’t make appointment just to replace the brake light bulbs. Bingo! I’m here! Wanting to make sure not to break anything.

Any help or pointing direction will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

90CFAD47-1DCE-42EC-95D3-D1927B6AFC31.jpeg

You may have the abbreviated owners manual that Toyota have been supplying for new cars for the last couple of years or so. The full owners manual, which should cover bulb replacement, may be downloaded from - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

5 hours ago, qettyz said:

Isnt this covered fully in the user manual, have you checked?

Actually I ain’t got user manual in the car. Car was imported with 00000 KM on the dash but it was missing a lot. Like the emergency compressor and fire extinguisher. I know this because my friend owns one. Thank you though

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You may have the abbreviated owners manual that Toyota have been supplying for new cars for the last couple of years or so. The full owners manual, which should cover bulb replacement, may be downloaded from - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

I guess I’m missing it. Just as I explained to frostyballs... Thank you for your time.

36 minutes ago, Mr. O said:

Car was imported with 00000 KM on the dash but it was missing a lot. Like the emergency compressor and fire extinguisher. I know this because my friend owns one. 

fire extinguisher isn't standard fit in the UK. Compressor/tyre weld only normally comes as standard here if you have the (heavier) panoramic roof - otherwise you get a spacesaver spare.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

fire extinguisher isn't standard fit in the UK. Compressor/tyre weld only normally comes as standard here if you have the (heavier) panoramic roof - otherwise you get a spacesaver spare.

It actually is PANORAMIC. It costed me extra for that and I never use it... They actually gave me both for free when I complained for buying brand new car which was missing the tools it had to come with. Gotta call them today and ask about the manual book. Thank you for the tips...

12 hours ago, Mr. O said:

It actually is PANORAMIC. It costed me extra for that and I never use it...

The tyreweld also go out of date after just a few years  - many of us whose car came with panoramic roof go on to buy spacesaver spare tyres. 

Gotta call them today and ask about the manual book. Thank you for the tips...

It should have come with a thin, basic manual to get you started. The full manual is downloadable from Toyota as Frosty said earlier but can also be ordered as a hard copy - that will cost you (something like £30 in the UK).

• Like 1

I got it replaced. Two bolts on the housing to unscrew. Pulling the housing straight back. Three special pins, one infront and two down at the back that hold the housing in place. A connector that sits in the housing need to be unclipped in order to get room to turn the bulb holder anticlockwise. It took me 7 minutes. Thank you for the replies. Hope to see you around in the future. All the best.

• 6 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 11:43 PM, Mr. O said:

I got it replaced. Two bolts on the housing to unscrew. Pulling the housing straight back. Three special pins, one infront and two down at the back that hold the housing in place. A connector that sits in the housing need to be unclipped in order to get room to turn the bulb holder anticlockwise. It took me 7 minutes. Thank you for the replies. Hope to see you around in the future. All the best.

Hi. My problem is that connector. How do you unclip to get room to turn? 😊

Actually it has been awhile since. If I remember very well I used a small flat screwdriver to unlock the matting parts. Be gentle. Good luck

I have to take a picture. Wires are the problem. So tight, that cannot turn....