Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car blower/fan noise (fix in Dublin?)

faolteam

There is a constant noise coming from this and when i turn it off it gives that slow grunt noise

Below is the audio noise recorded .

Is there anywhere who service these Blowers ?

Very annoyin

Does the hot/cold work properly and does the air distribution actually move the air to where it should, and does the air recirculation work?  yes it does 

You should hear a motor moving stuff behind the glove box, does it sound like your groaning noise?        yes and when i turn it of its like changing the speed on a vinyl from 78 to 33

Have you changed the pollen filter recently?      yes three weeks ago

Record-001 (1).aac

Hi,

Seems you only get 3 years warranty over there, here we get 5 years,  assuming yours is just out of warranty, might still be worth  trying Toyota for a goodwill repair or contribution ..  though thats only likely if the car has a full service history from that dealer ?

There are a few Ytubes on the replacement of the Corollas blower motor, might be worth stripping it out and checking nothing is fouling the  blade section or debris in that area.

Assume you have the right sized pollen filter and its not moving around in the housing making that noise when the air pressure is reduced.

8 minutes ago, oldcodger said:

Seems you only get 3 years warranty over there, here we get 5 years,

Most European countries have the standard 3 year/100,000km new car warranty. For cars in the UK, Toyota GB provide a 2 year/40,000 mile extension to bring the new car warranty up to 5 years/100,000 miles.