Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Hi Lux Alarm Fault

Ranger 1

I have a 2008 Hi Lux and the alarm keeps activating for no reason. It can be parked for 5 minutes or an hour and just activates. Audible and indicators flash. I can reset it and after a short time it will go again. The only way to prevent this from happening is to leave the keys in the ignition. Obviously not a good solution, no alarm armed and keys in......

I have seen others have the same trouble but I haven't seen any answers / solutions to this problem.

Ideas please ? ( sensible ones only )

Moved to the Hilux/Surf club.

• 5 years later...
On 11/27/2018 at 3:59 AM, Ranger 1 said:

I have a 2008 Hi Lux and the alarm keeps activating for no reason. It can be parked for 5 minutes or an hour and just activates. Audible and indicators flash. I can reset it and after a short time it will go again. The only way to prevent this from happening is to leave the keys in the ignition. Obviously not a good solution, no alarm armed and keys in......

I have seen others have the same trouble but I haven't seen any answers / solutions to this problem.

Ideas please ? ( sensible ones only )

Hi Ranger. Did you get any resolution? Successful results? 

Others have checked the alarm system wiring (soldered joints and wire degradation), switches (bonnet and doors), turned down the alarms sensitivity, replaced vehicle batteries, but still have the alarm activating at random times.

If you have fixed the problem at this point you have done well and have no need to read on.

Toyota services are unaware of this problem because they cannot find this problem as it does not come up as a fault through the vehicle computer, it comes up as the alarm being activated  (which is not a fault).

The following is currently an ongoing investigation of mine but may be worth you looking into?

There was mention that the “Integrated Relay Box” may need to be replaced?

This can control various things including the fob security alarm access to the vehicle and various other security alarm options, this may lead to your problem? 

I have not seen any confirmed results from people whom may have replaced this IRB, so if you still have the vehicle and replace the IRB, could you please post your results?

If there are others whom are reading and have had successful results by replacing the Integrated Relay Box, please post.

i hope this helps…

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links