Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Seat Belt Buckles on one bolt plate

DeTomato

This is an odd question perhaps, but I can't find any info on this.

On the rear passenger side there are two seat belt buckles to one plate with a single bolt to the bodywork. Pulling up the passenger rear seat reveals this. The plate (with the bolt through) has a black arrow on top of it. Does it point down or up?

These belt buckles look awkward presently and it confuses my rear passengers. The centre buckle appears to be facing towards the passenger rear side (the right buckle in the last photo) - is this correct? Both belts therefore overlap each other for presentation above the seat (in the first photo) where the centre buckle is then there for the passenger side. Are they supposed to cross over each other?

I'm not sure if the bolt plate is actually upside down?!?!? Can anyone verify for me please?

thumbnail_20181127_204041.jpg

thumbnail_20181127_203953.jpg

thumbnail_20181127_203945.jpg

Mine is the same, I just place the belts so that they cross over one another, ie so that the centre buckle is nearest the centre of the seat. I don't think that there's an arrow on it though. 

Thanks for the feedback olddriver. That being the case, I've unbolted the seat beat plate and checked dimensions and fitting etc. The plate is the same whether it is up or down. 

But, the arrow must have been written on the plate to indicate a direction to prevent the belt cross over problem I guess? So refitting the plate with the arrow pointing upwards instead, the specific centre buckle is presented better on the seat and the passenger side rear then presents better also without having the centre belt being pulled over. So I've bolted it up that way. Job done.