Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Freesport 1999 model

Bradley94

Hi,

I'm currently looking at re-storing a Toyota Rav4 Freesport 1999 model, I emailed Toyota to ask if they still had the stickers which were originally on the far and near side of the car on the front panels, they don't do these anymore.

Does anybody have or know of anybody who may have bought some that i'd be able to purchase?

Thank you

Brad

Are you sure they are not there still, mine sun-faded and you can barely see them now against the metallic silver finish.  I think they are just water slides under the laquer coat... glad to see them go south to be honest; they look kinda naff anyhow.   I am sure your Freesport will go just as fast without them... 🙂

Because of the age of the vehicle... Toyota does not have much specific to it.  Some motor manufactuers sell off remaining spares to third party suppliers sometimes... so it might pay you to do a google for spares and see what pops up.  It's generally not in the interest of vehicle manufactuers to support older vehicles... they want you to buy a new one 🙂  Just hope it's not an MOT requirement to have the logo showing!

They are still there, like you said just faded out by the sun.

Thank you for your advice with third party suppliers, I shall defiantly look into it.

It's a fantastic little car, just wanted to restore it and have it for occasional use vehicle. 

Yup... it's a fantastic car, I've had mine for twelve years now; best car I have ever had... only ever put brake pads and discs and a couple of front brake hoses (nothing wrong with them but the MOT chap insisted he could see cracks in the rubber; I couldn't!), plus the usual oil and filters...  bit thirsty with the fuel if you boot it though! 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveh_rav4 said:

Yup... it's a fantastic car, I've had mine for twelve years now; best car I have ever had... only ever put brake pads and discs and a couple of front brake hoses (nothing wrong with them but the MOT chap insisted he could see cracks in the rubber; I couldn't!), plus the usual oil and filters...  bit thirsty with the fuel if you boot it though! 🙂

Thats Cool!
I've had mine 6 years but its been in the family out of show room. 
I had to replace all brake hoses to, just looking forward to restoring it in the near future to.