Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 2.0 6 speed Diesel Road noise or bearing noise

cea

My car has suddenly developed an intermittent speed related noise, sounds like a dry bearing, turning to the left reduces the noise, but it will stop after a few minutes, the clutch is 9000 miles old (Toyota item) and the car is as smooth as silk at speed, car has 108k with fdsh.

Cheers Fellas (and Ladies). 

Update for anyone who has a similar problem, it's the brakes: as the car brakes heat up, they start to rub causing a vibration, more prominent turning the steering wheel to the right. During my last journey it settled down until I had to slam on the anchors to avoid a 'I don't need to use my mirrors to change lane because I drive a BMW' idiot and the problem came straight back. Pads, discs and maybe callipers required, not cheap but better than a gearbox. 

As a footnote, I did try 'trailing the brakes' when the problem occurred but it didn't make any difference. 

3 hours ago, cea said:

... to avoid a 'I don't need to use my mirrors to change lane because I drive a BMW' idiot ...

off topic, but that´s so very true here in Finland too!

• Haha 1